Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc.
Reload this Page >

NETJETS Europe hiring again

Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc. The place for discussion of issues related to corporate, Ag and GA aviation. If you're a professional pilot and don't fly for the airlines then try here.

NETJETS Europe hiring again

Old 15th Sep 2021, 12:16

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NetJets > Kura Airline Resourcing
Old 15th Sep 2021, 17:40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any insight on working here? I've seen base FO pay c. €56k? Would be nice to hear from guys and girls there though.
Old 15th Sep 2021, 18:16

What do you want to know ? I’ve been there 14 years and have no intention of leaving. The starting salary is just the basic (and increases after 2 years I believe). Add on Per diems, bonuses, overtime if you wish to do it and your take home should be considerably more.
Old 15th Sep 2021, 18:40

Originally Posted by buzzc152
What do you want to know ? I’ve been there 14 years and have no intention of leaving. The starting salary is just the basic (and increases after 2 years I believe). Add on Per diems, bonuses, overtime if you wish to do it and your take home should be considerably more.
Thank you. That's a positive start. Coming from an airline so perhaps a change in lifestyle/work level(~700hrs/year long haul)? Is there much time spent in hotels or do you often return to base? In terms of fleet or time to command? Is there much difference on what aircraft you're on?
Old 15th Sep 2021, 19:08

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi 5strypes, many of the basic questions can be answered with the FAQs.
However, to summarise, the roster is either 6 on 5 off or 7 on 6 off. (Fleet dependent). 22 days leave increasing to 28 days.
Fleeting is on business needs. Generally, you'll start on the Phenom/Excel/Latitude. Occasionally Challenger/Falcon/Global. It honestly depends.
Time to command. How long is a piece of string? When I joined, it was weeks/months. A few years later, well, many FOs are still waiting.
To minimise disappointment, I'd plan at least 5-10 years. Command is based on seniority and passing the course. Seniority gives you the opportunity.
You are paid from day 1 Indoc. You don't have to pay for the type rating.
EASA licence only.
As buzzc152 has said, there are opportunities to increase your salary with extra work in Summer. Again, that is on a needs basis.

I am probably one of the lucky ones. I have managed to keep my job during downturns etc, I'm on a great fleet (Chally 350) and LHS. I love the crews I work with, the overnights can be amazing, the job variety and the interactions with our owners is something I really enjoy, flying into Samedan on a clear winter's day is incredible.
My husband flies an Airbus. He'd swap with me, I wouldn't swap with him.
Old 15th Sep 2021, 19:20

As the company has their headquarters in Portugal, it means that you earn 14 salaries per year?

Old 15th Sep 2021, 19:47

Originally Posted by redsnail
However, to summarise, the roster is either 6 on 5 off or 7 on 6 off. (Fleet dependent). 22 days leave increasing to 28 days.
Fleeting is on business needs. Generally, you'll start on the Phenom/Excel/Latitude. Occasionally Challenger/Falcon/Global. It honestly depends.
Time to command. How long is a piece of string? When I joined, it was weeks/months. A few years later, well, many FOs are still waiting.
To minimise disappointment, I'd plan at least 5-10 years. Command is based on seniority and passing the course. Seniority gives you the opportunity.
EASA licence only.
As buzzc152 has said, there are opportunities to increase your salary with extra work in Summer. Again, that is on a needs basis.

I am probably one of the lucky ones. I have managed to keep my job during downturns etc, I'm on a great fleet (Chally 350) and LHS. I love the crews I work with, the overnights can be amazing, the job variety and the interactions with our owners is something I really enjoy, flying into Samedan on a clear winter's day is incredible.
Thanks for the details. The FAQ certainly help and have some great detail. Time to command sounds reasonable. Is there a major difference in schedule/destinations between fleets/any better than others? I will say, I've already submitted an application, so fingers crossed I hear something back.
Old 15th Sep 2021, 19:52

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trancada
As the company has their headquarters in Portugal, it means that you earn 14 salaries per year?
can’t speak for Portuguese based crews but the rest of us are on UK contracts (currently - we are looking at EU contracts) so 12 monthly.

Fairly recent FO joiner and should earn over €100,000 including the equivalent of sector / duty pay and productivity bonus. Lots of lifestyle options to work less or earn more - whatever floats your boat.

6 days on tour and 5 days off is the average. For the tour you expect to leave home day 1 and back evening of day 6 with €70 per day and crew meals during duty.
Old 15th Sep 2021, 20:39

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Originally Posted by 5strypes
Thanks for the details. The FAQ certainly help and have some great detail. Time to command sounds reasonable. Is there a major difference in schedule/destinations between fleets/any better than others?
Well, I haven't seen many NJE Phenom crews in the Caribbean. Nor have I seen the Global guys in Cannes.
The roster is as explained. Unless on the Global, you'll be 6 days on, 5 off. Happily, the days off are yours.
The popular destinations like Nice, Paris, Zurich, Geneva, Farnborough, Athens, Frankfurt, Palma, Munich, Ibiza, etc you'll find all fleets. Can make for a very social evening. (a real plus). There's nothing "normal" or "schedule" at NJE. Some days have just one sector, others, 4 sectors.

There's the summer destinations. Think beach, superyachts, sunshine, islands etc.
Then there's the winter destinations. The Alps. Cue special airports. Challenging but fun. (yep, you'll be loading all that luggage too).

Good luck.
Old 16th Sep 2021, 14:42

Well, I haven't seen many NJE Phenom crews in the Caribbean. Nor have I seen the Global guys in Cannes.
The roster is as explained. Unless on the Global, you'll be 6 days on, 5 off. Happily, the days off are yours.
The popular destinations like Nice, Paris, Zurich, Geneva, Farnborough, Athens, Frankfurt, Palma, Munich, Ibiza, etc you'll find all fleets. Can make for a very social evening. (a real plus). There's nothing "normal" or "schedule" at NJE. Some days have just one sector, others, 4 sectors.

There's the summer destinations. Think beach, superyachts, sunshine, islands etc.
Then there's the winter destinations. The Alps. Cue special airports. Challenging but fun. (yep, you'll be loading all that luggage too).

Good luck.
Thanks for the detailed info. Sounds like a very positive working environment with little turnover. Hopefully something comes of the application, seems to be a quick process going by the dates on the FAQ doc.
Old 16th Sep 2021, 19:28

Info

Hello
Is it there a website where I can find some info to prepare for the interview and assessment something like latest pilot jobs or similar??
Thank you!
Old 16th Sep 2021, 22:14

I am a NJE owner and I can say that I will always give tips to the crew as well, that should make some extra income
Old 16th Sep 2021, 22:33

EASA licence only.

First of all, just wow! I am absolutely intrigued by your joining date to this forum!

Secondly, thank you very much for all the information. It is definitely appreciated. Are there also things that we could consider the negative things of being an employee at NJE? And I am not looking for sensational stuff or badmouthing. Just trying to work out what things would come up that one should consider before joining. I think captain upgrade is already one item on this list. Other than that, any?
Old 17th Sep 2021, 07:21

Plenty of bad stuff. Ask any NJE pilot what they hate about the job and most will probably say ‘airlining’. It sucks, especially in covid times. Long duty days. Expect to fly anywhere from 300-450 hours a year, which doesn’t sound much but also expect to regularly hit 60 hour weekly duty limit.
If you had your heart set on that planned midday finish in Palma Mallorca and you’ll get upset when they add an extra 2 legs at the last minute finishing in the worst hotel in Luxumbourg at 10pm then think twice. You need to expect and be able to cope with last minute changes, especially over the high season which currently runs from Jan 1st-Dec 31st (nb, the hotels generally are pretty good)
Also be comfortable with operating on a small aircraft like the Phenom. It’s a great aeroplane but it is small. Learn to love that.
Time to command…..almost impossible to predict but I’d guess in the 7 year range for someone joining today.
I’m sure there’s stuff that annoys me but others cope with better. Each to their own. For me, the positives outweigh the negatives by 10-1 at least.
Oh, and contrary to what one generous person has posted above, don’t expect tips to supplement your income. I get between 0 and 1 tips per year and I’m sure I’m not alone in that (we don’t look for or expect tips…our customers are paying premium €£ for our services and we’ll always go the extra mile irrespective of whether or not we think there might be a tip at the end of it).
Old 17th Sep 2021, 07:47

Originally Posted by buzzc152
Plenty of bad stuff. Ask any NJE pilot what they hate about the job and most will probably say ‘airlining’. It sucks, especially in covid times. Long duty days. Expect to fly anywhere from 300-450 hours a year, which doesn’t sound much but also expect to regularly hit 60 hour weekly duty limit.
If you had your heart set on that planned midday finish in Palma Mallorca and you’ll get upset when they add an extra 2 legs at the last minute finishing in the worst hotel in Luxumbourg at 10pm then think twice. You need to expect and be able to cope with last minute changes, especially over the high season which currently runs from Jan 1st-Dec 31st (nb, the hotels generally are pretty good)
Also be comfortable with operating on a small aircraft like the Phenom. It’s a great aeroplane but it is small. Learn to love that.
Time to command…..almost impossible to predict but I’d guess in the 7 year range for someone joining today.
I’m sure there’s stuff that annoys me but others cope with better. Each to their own. For me, the positives outweigh the negatives by 10-1 at least.
Oh, and contrary to what one generous person has posted above, don’t expect tips to supplement your income. I get between 0 and 1 tips per year and I’m sure I’m not alone in that (we don’t look for or expect tips…our customers are paying premium €£ for our services and we’ll always go the extra mile irrespective of whether or not we think there might be a tip at the end of it).
That's a wealth of information and very much appreciated. The last minute changes really wouldn't affect me as long as it's just on the 6 days on. My general attitude is when I'm working, I'm working. Time to command is still certainly less than my current airline. The 'airlining' I presume means commuting to an aircraft with the airlines? Is this always in economy and is there much of it? A ridiculously specific and probably odd question. Is there a toilet on all aircraft and can crew use it? I've heard horror stories of certain small cargo ops lacking 'facilities'...
Old 17th Sep 2021, 07:58

Originally Posted by 5strypes
That's a wealth of information and very much appreciated. The last minute changes really wouldn't affect me as long as it's just on the 6 days on. My general attitude is when I'm working, I'm working. Time to command is still certainly less than my current airline. The 'airlining' I presume means commuting to an aircraft with the airlines? Is this always in economy and is there much of it? A ridiculously specific and probably odd question. Is there a toilet on all aircraft and can crew use it? I've heard horror stories of certain small cargo ops lacking 'facilities'...
Is there much airlining ? Really depends on your gateway. As a London based crew I will certainly airline less than say a Malaga based guy as often ‘my’ aircraft will be in London on my first and/or last day. It’s always economy if it’s under 6 hours or positioning to sim recurrent in the US.
Toilets, yes all aircraft have them. You can use them. Common sense and courtesy suggest you should be mindful about what you ‘deposit’ in them ! Of course on long flights then I guess you gotta do what you gotta do…(does the Global have 2 toilets ? I’m not sure). To be clear, new joiners WILL join on the Phenom or the XL. A few MIGHT be luckier and get the Latitude. No one will join on the Global, Falcon or Challenger.
Old 17th Sep 2021, 09:44

Originally Posted by ulispranger
I am a NJE owner and I can say that I will always give tips to the crew as well, that should make some extra income
I am guessing your are not a Latitude owner?

I have been at NJE for 17 years having joined straight from the military more or less - I am sure that will tell you how happy I am. There are good days but also bad days as in any job. As RedSnail said - the good days far outweigh the bad in my case.

As stated - 6 on 5 off, leave home on day one for a commercial airline to wherever the NJE aircraft is (sometimes 06.00 show time or earlier). Hotel and breakfast paid for by the company and during the peak months (July, Aug) you may end up in some not so nice hotels as the company only books them in the afternoon due to possible changes and in places such as Nice, Malaga, etc choice is limited. Sim recurrent twice a year (my fleet at FSI in Farnborough) and a Ground Recurrent (GRT) once a year (currently at home on MS Teams due to Covid but the plan is to return to the office in Lisbon when allowed) - all duty time with per diem. Still flying to new airports after all these years - small VFR field in France last tour.

There are opportunities to enhance your pay by taking extra roles (Ground Instructors, Line Trainers) but those positions can be hard to come by (dead non-specific gender shoes) and are not available for new joiners. Overtime opportunities are also available and on a voluntary basis - you can refuse if it doesn't work for you.

Downside - 60 duty hours per tour (6 or 7 day tours) can easily be reached and in the busy times you can be sent home at the end of day 5 as you will be out of hours (positioning day 1 and 6 count as duty time). The plan changes a lot due to aircraft unservicability, crew sickness, new bookings and re-briefing due to crew missing airlines as happened to my colleague only yesterday (luckily I was on day 6 and airlining home). He shut down expecting to go to the hotel only to receive a call from Scheduling to take an airline in 65 mins to London to take another aeroplane. Yes, airlining can be a pain, economy as stated but you will build up your airline status fairly quickly with 6 airlines a month (3 tours a month, airline out and in).

Overall I really enjoy it, fly a very modern aircraft and work with great colleagues from all over Europe. You have the opportunity to live almost anywhere in Europe with the Gateway system and you can also use a temporary gateway at will - a number will change their gateway to say Malaga in the summer and move the family to Spain for the summer. There is a list of available gateways but I do not want to post it here.

Rambled on far longer than I intended but hope it helps.
Old 17th Sep 2021, 09:48

Koldovika - no. There will be an interview panel where you will be asked standard questions (met, tech, CRM, airmanship type) and a sim assessment involving hand flying the aircraft and some decision making (tech and/or pax issue). The Kura link above should answer some of your questions.

Good luck
Old 17th Sep 2021, 11:09

Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig
Koldovika - no. There will be an interview panel where you will be asked standard questions (met, tech, CRM, airmanship type) and a sim assessment involving hand flying the aircraft and some decision making (tech and/or pax issue). The Kura link above should answer some of your questions.

Good luck
thank you Mike Oxbig!
appreciate it!
Old 17th Sep 2021, 13:09

PPRuNe Handmaiden

G'day Winged Lion,
First of all, just wow! I am absolutely intrigued by your joining date to this forum!
I think I was within the first 1,000 members. Definitely the first female pilot. Seen lots of changes over the years....

Toilet? Definitely. There is one. If you need to use it, you use it. You also clean it It is a good opportunity to see how the pax are. Folks on the Hawker used to dread the stuck bung... (The Hawker's no longer with NetJets).

Downsides? Well, the old saying "one person's poison is another person's cake" definitely rings true. Airlining is a chore but it is what it is. Fortunately being at a London gateway means I don't do that much airlining. A colleague put me onto the Apple Airtags so I can track my luggage. Others don't bother checking theirs in. Also, I have a secondary role now so that has cut down on the line flying a bit but it's another string to the ol' bow. Some people just never adapt to the constant changes. Fair enough. At first it is a lot to absorb. Ever changing hotels can be an issue for some. While sometimes you "win" and can go and explore a new and interesting city, often in Summer you'll be just keen to scoff some food and get some sleep. In some cases, the hotel is "so so" but the location is great and you're spoiled for choice re dinner.
Loading/unloading luggage is probably the thing I don't like. Forget standard 20kg weights. The space is often awkward and there is high potential to injure your back.

Some folks can be "size-ist". If someone thinks "bigger is better" well, they'll be disappointed. (Trying very hard to avoid any double entendres. And failing). Sure the Global is big but it's tiny compared to B787 But while they go to some great places, the jet lag's a bitch and it'll take over an hour to "close" the aeroplane. Long after the Excel folks have left the airport.

Essentially, if you're a glass half full sort of person, you'll enjoy the job. Compared to an airline job, you'll have a lot more autonomy and authority to get stuff done. Compared to a "true" private jet job, we're very well looked after with very good support from the office in Lisbon. (If the support isn't there for some reason, see the previous sentence, you are armed with a credit card after all).

If folks like routine, eg run 3x a week, weights 2x a week and golf with the family on Sunday, this job won't really work for them. Happily, we get our roster published 2 months in advance so you can plan your days off. There is flexibility too, you can request specific days off with enough notice.
I've made some lifelong friends at NJE. Probably some mortal enemies too, but hey ho, can't win them all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.