PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - Is their Pilot recruitment section workin at all?

dunedriver
5th Jun 2002, 15:47
Applied to QR sometime back but no reply yet. Does that sction work at all. I think they have probably got the worst setup as far as recruitment goes. Cant even get someone on the phone.........tried several times to get a standard response.......... "sorry he is not on his seat at this time please try later "

MTQatar
5th Jun 2002, 15:53
This is a quote from Qatar Airways' website.

Thank you for considering Qatar Airways for your future career - due to Qatar Airways' popularity we are receiving too many applications for the positions available. Whilst we would like to reply to each and every application, please accept and understand that only candidates who are successful in being called forward for interview will be contacted. Please do not jeopardise your application by submitting it frequently.

I don't know if this will help you or not.

Regards,
MTQatar

Tom Cruise
5th Jun 2002, 16:04
I think teh pilot recruitment section [ and that is one guy ] is extremely over worked. so considering the circumstances id say its quite a decent performance. Could have been better if he had more support. I'd definetly give him a thumbs up for his efforts to keep the newcomers happy :D :)

Plane*jane
5th Jun 2002, 19:09
I think they were looking for about 25-30 A300-600 pilots, and seem to have successfully achieved that mainly from Canadian 3000 and CityBird guys who all lost their jobs of course. Friend of mine is in the middle of training out there. Don't know about the A330, but I imagine they are swamped and probably only looking at typerated of which they seem to have quite a choice. Perhaps no reply means your on the fall-out pile in other words you've got to wait until someone doesn't make the training. Just a guess. Good luck though and never give up. That's where you make your own luck.

MrBig
6th Jun 2002, 05:48
This is standard Gulf mentality. If your thinking of moving here then bring a sense of humour and endless patience with you. I've just spent the last 6 hours driving around from pillar to post chasing paper in order to get electricity connected to my new abode. God willing I'll be on line in time for winter!!

dunedriver
6th Jun 2002, 13:42
well guess the voting illustrates my point...........utter shams the pilot recruitment section in QR.............................. They oughta start replying to every application inorder to get their mission statement to stick ............. taking you more personally ..........hahaha what a joke:D

Pete37NG
12th Dec 2003, 23:54
Hi guys,

just got an inviatation for their 3 day assessment and simulator "event" in Doha in late Jan.! Is there a QR pilot
out there who could give me some information about the company,salary and future perspective with Qatar Airways eg. time to command etc!!!

Thanks a lot & Happy weekend

Pete

krotch
13th Dec 2003, 04:04
Hey Pete

I also have a interview with Qatar the end of Jan

Krotch

drive a bus
14th Dec 2003, 06:12
Hi pete and krotch,

check the QR other QR forum. YouŽll find a lot of info.

Cheers,

drive

krotch
16th Dec 2003, 22:39
Hey Guys
I just got an email from Qatar uninviting to an interview because I dont have a A320 type rating!!!!!!:confused: :confused:
I meet and exceed their min requirements. I dont get it.

regards
Krotch UNINVITED