PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Jobs

Pages : [1] 2 3

ckunz
10th Nov 1998, 08:10
I am looking for a way out of the cfi world and into corporate work. I'm looking for any advice on how to break into the business.
any chance on finding a left seat job in a 76 etc?
Did anyone read the article in Rotor about the apprentice programs that are being developed around the country?
Any info will be appreciated.

markboscott
14th May 2004, 11:30
I am a 22 year old University graduate about to embark on my long standing career aim of becoming a commercial helicopter pilot.

I have some questions that, currently as an outsider to the aviation industry, I cannot seem to find the answers to. I have gained my JAA Class 1 Medical and am hopefully going to leave my air training school with a CPL(H) having followed an integrated helicopter pilots course.

I would like to know of the jobs that can be secured with this qualification, and indeed where these jobs for newly qualified helicopter pilots with low flight hours can be found?

I need to know, that after going through the expensive and timely process of gaining my CPL(H), what are the next steps on the career path? I understand that an instrument rating is required for many helicopter pilots job, what other ways are there for achieving this rating, or is it a case of paying for and completing another course?

I would be very grateful if you felt you could share any experiences and ideas for somebody in my position trying to break into the helicopter industry. I realise that it is going to take an immense amount of determination for me to succeed but I believe that have the motivation, the means and passion that will be required; what I am currently lacking is the advice and the insight that I hope you will be able to provide me with.

thank you.
:confused:

Whirlygig
14th May 2004, 11:47
The upshot is that most operators have insurance requirements which mean that you are unemployable for most tasks until you have at least 500 hours. Your best bet would be part time work doing pleasure flying (in which case, I hope you have another career on which to fall back) or get the extra rating to become an instructor (again, part time). You will have to be prepared to go anywhere in the country if not the world. To get the hours, best bet - join the services; you're young enough.

Otherwise, it will not just be determination and passion you will need but also a lot of money!!!

There have been numerous threads on this very issue and there was a sticky - (Heliport, please can we have the training sticky back?)

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129151

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127540

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116630

However, things may pick up in the future and we may return to the times when the offshore operators were recruiting fresh CPLs as co-pilots but these days may be far off.

All the best

Cheers

Whirlygig

Heliport
14th May 2004, 12:00
Click on this link for Training: FAQ (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122944)

gov1
15th Apr 2009, 09:11
NHV Helicopters is expanding in the Northsea and are recruiting. The're looking fot PIC's and copilots on AS365 and EC155 for UK contracts. You can send your cv to [email protected]

bleepup
15th Apr 2009, 09:28
Do you know if they are offering a commutable roster?

WylieCoyote
15th Apr 2009, 10:11
Fluffy,

Perhaps he's bored with the commute?

Jimbob0800
8th May 2009, 21:13
Hi guys,

I have recently completed my CPL and am now in the big bad world looking for work but it is proving to be a bit tricky getting the first opportunity without an IR or loads of hours. Since I have run out of money and can't afford to fund an IR or many more hours I was hoping that some of you may have some advice for me.

What should I do next? Is anyone aware of any positions for low hours pilots at the moment, or do you have any words of wisdom to offer? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
Jim

Gordy
8th May 2009, 21:33
do you have any words of wisdom to offer?

Look before you leap.

Sorry couldn't resist....you are not the first in recent months to all of a sudden discover pprune after it is too late.

HillerBee
8th May 2009, 21:51
MacDonalds is your best bet. It has always been hard for low-timers but at present it's impossible. If you had a plan B (as a good pilot always has) to begin with you would have a problem.

Heliringer
8th May 2009, 21:59
Get yourself a two year working holiday visa for Australia. Find a cattle station that has it's own helicopter and start off working as a ringer on the ground. If you are lucky you will get a bit of time in the chopper, if you are really lucky you will get ALOT of time in the chopper.

If you don't get much chopper time at least you have lived and worked in Australia for two years, a good life experience. You should have saved a good amount of money, there is really nothing to spend your money on when working at a remote property.
Maybe it would be enough to pay for your IR.

ReverseFlight
9th May 2009, 07:41
Slightly off-thread here ... if anyone who's got masses of twin SAR time and would like to work in Hong Kong, here's an opportunity:

Government Flying Service (http://www.gfs.gov.hk/eng/recruit.htm)

wingnut193
9th May 2009, 14:16
jimbobo800,

There seems to be alot of us in the same position at the moment. Last year I passed my CPL and went straight on and passed my IR and still having no luck with a job. If you have low hours an IR isn't making much difference at the moment and sadly I don't think things are going to change for the next 12 months. As already stated you need a plan B, I'm driving HGV 1 to pay for some more hours until things change.
Keep your chin up things will turn around sooner or later.;)

Great View
9th May 2009, 19:59
I haven't browsed the threads lately, and I suppose I should before I post this, but, well, the Simpsons are on.....anybody hiring/will be hiring in Canada? I'm a 375hr pilot and an apprentice engineer in Canada(16years as a mechanic, A&P, and am presently converting to an AME)

fling-wing_1
10th May 2009, 02:17
Might as well jump in here myself since the boss is now going on 3 months with no work. :ouch: It's time to start looking elsewhere.

A thought is to see if anyone might have use for a 12 year mechanic with a small heli that I'd be willing to containerize and ship worldwide if someone might have use for it and myself to do the maintenance and flying. Flight instruction, cattle mustering, anything within the capabilities of the machine would be fine, the more hours the better :}

I need a bit more cash to finish her up, about 15-20K USD and if someone was willing to help out I'd be willing to pay that back by offering the ship at $50/hr plus fuel for the amount of $ invested. :8

Heliringer
10th May 2009, 07:15
What is the job situation like in Scotland for a pilot with about 3000Hours, endorsed on AS350/B206 and the usual Robbies?

Also would an Australian ATPL H convert to a UK CPL H?

kevoiddy
11th May 2009, 10:13
Im currently doing a rescue and emergency management course in the uk to get a degree before flying.I am thinking of going to florida to bristow academy to obtain my ppl and don't know wheter to do the JAA-european qualification or the FAA usa qualification.

Once i get my hours up i would like to go into mountain flying,coastguard,police,fire fighting,ski rescue or something along the emergency sector.I was wondering if anyone has any information about these jobs.

Much appreciated kevoiddy.

flap flap flap
11th May 2009, 10:45
Most of those type of jobs require 2,000+ hours, including substantial twin-time, and probably an instrument rating.

I would concentrate on getting your PPL/CPL and think about those "rescue" type of jobs when you have those requirements.

And read this:

http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/122944-faq-training-employment-prospects-please-read-before-posting.html

Whirlygig
11th May 2009, 12:01
JAA-european qualification or the FAA usa qualification.
Do you have the right to work in those countries that accept the FAA qualification?

Cheers

Whirls

kevoiddy
11th May 2009, 12:04
There is also a joint FAA JAA qualification that can be done, but if i go to florida i can get a visa for a year and then maybe instruct afterwards?
Also does anyone know how the oil rigs are doing on helicopter pilots?

Thanks Kevoiddy..

joseinair
1st Jun 2011, 02:34
hi my name is jose !!i m going to do my mba in aviaton management in emirates dubai.......howz dis course is it good doing it ????howz the job opp after doing dis course ...i like to land my future in aviation field ....i got seat in dis college, before proceeding to next step i want some help from u .....pls help me...and its alternate month class ..and i like do some part time job also ..is it possible doing job wit student visa in dubai !!!only part time!!!pls help me pls

griffothefog
1st Jun 2011, 02:56
Can you carry bricks? I love an optimist....:E

Air India Express need new management I hear, cannot pay fuel bills, good luck with dat digreee...:ok:

krypton_john
1st Jun 2011, 03:59
Personally, I would never, ever hire anyone who writes to me in bastardised txt-speak language.

Same goes for anyone seen wearing a baseball cap backwards.

Aser
3rd Jun 2011, 08:19
Job Description
AS365 N2 CAPTAIN REQUIRED - URGENT

Sigma Aviation Services is currently seeking an AS365N2 Captain to act as pilot observer on test flights in the UK. This role takes place on an ad-hoc basis throughout the year.

Requirements:
* JAA AS365N2 license that has been valid within the past 12 months
* Medical certificate that has been valid within the past 12 months
* Passport with validity beyond 2011

Please note this position is only open to applications from JAR license holders.

APPLICATIONS:

Candidates interested in submitting an application should contact Sigma Aviation Services Representative James O'Dwyer

Please email CV to [email protected]

Suitable candidates will be contacted in due course.

Job Description
Contract requirement for a Pilot Instructor (flying) - A139 and A109E

We require a suitably qualified professional to carry out Pilot Courses on A139 and A109E

If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV and supporting documentation in confidence to [email protected]

Line Up Aviation is acting as an Employment Business with regards to the above vacancy.

Regards
Aser

imuney
7th Jun 2011, 23:02
Botco is recruiting S76 pilots for Africa, any idea what company this is for?

http://www.pprune.org/DesktopModules/BP_JobBoard/Logos/1381.gif
Botco Aviation Services
South Africa
www.botco.com (http://www.botco.com)

International Opportunities for Offshore / IFR experienced S76 Pilots:

S76C+ / C++ Experienced Captains

S76 SICs Experienced First Officers

Opportunity for full time employment after six months

Helicopter ATP required

Recent IFR offshore experience preferred

Locations: West Africa and South Africa

Work Schedule: 35 days on and 35 days off

Roundtrip airfare provided from home of record to worksite

On site accommodations and per diem provided
To apply directly please copy and paste to your browser http://botco.com/apply (http://www.pprune.org/\"http://botco.com/apply\")
Job ID #6111

Aser
8th Jun 2011, 12:22
Helicopter engineers, West Africa, EASA B2 S92, S76, EC135 - 1401178022 - Flightglobal Jobs (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/helicopter-engineers-west-africa-easa-b2-s92-s76-ec135-africa-1401178022.htm)

Helicopter engineers, West Africa, EASA B2 S92, S76, EC135

View Agency Profile
Job Role: Certifying Engineer
Job Hours: Full-Time
Job Position: Contract
Company: March Aviation
Salary: Competitive
Job reference: B2Nigeldick/76/92/135
Posted Date: 07 June 2011 15:51:25
Our client requires EASA type rated B2 avionics engineers with types on either S92, S76 or EC135 for various opportunities. Please contact March Aviation for more details.
Accommodation and travel will be provided.

Who is operating EC135 in Africa??

Peter PanPan
8th Jun 2011, 19:29
@ imuney: I would like to know that as well, are you familiar with Botco? I called them a couple of times, no one ever picks up the phone and their voice message sounds hillbilly :hmm:

Don't know but find these Bolco folks a bit dodgy! Heard that something was being negotiated in SA right now, perhaps Titan Helicopters or some other local operator getting ready to bid for an offshore contract? :ok:

dinofootball
8th Jun 2011, 19:57
SA as in South America or South Africa?

As well anyone know of any co-jo offshore jobs for drivers with experience?

dinofootball
8th Jun 2011, 20:10
FAA and just getting into IFR, been bush flying for a few years

frozen cyclic
12th Jun 2011, 03:54
09.06.2011 First Officer - AW139 Helicopter (Macau based)

REQUIREMENTS:
• Holder of a Commercial Pilot License (Helicopter) from ICAO recognized member state, preferably endorsed for the AW139 and ATPL subjects completed.
• Multi-engine and multi-crew experience
• 500 hours PIC on helicopters
• Current helicopter IR
OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Possess sound judgment and decision-making skills
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
• Enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment
• Willing to relocate to Macau
APPLICATION PROCEDURES
We offer an attractive remuneration package and career prospects to the suitable candidate. To apply, please send your resume to Head of Human Resources, Sky Shuttle Helicopters Limited, Room 1603, China Merchants Tower, Shun Tak Centre, 200 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong or via email to [email protected] ([email protected])

All information received will be kept in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.

Peter PanPan
15th Jun 2011, 20:10
PAS seems to have 2 vacancies for F/Os PAS (http://www.pas.com.eg/userpages/HR_VacancyDetails.aspx?vacId=17)

Anyone knows whether it's for the 412 or 139? :ok:

212_Nightdipper
16th Jun 2011, 13:22
Any info about this company?...salaries...and any other useful 2 cents...thanks!

HillerBee
16th Jun 2011, 14:58
Apply, get an interview and you will hear the t&c. No use discussing these things beforehand in a market where everybody is struggling to even get an interview let alone a job.

Peter PanPan
17th Jun 2011, 17:43
AS365N captains / co pilots

Everett Aviation has been operating in East Africa for 15 years and as a result of further demand and expansion it is seeking individuals for its operations in support of its Oil, Gas and Mining customers in East Africa.
In particular, there is a requirement for the following to be based in Dar es Salaam

AS365 Pilots:
Captains: 2,000 hours TT, 400 hrs offshore, 100 hrs on type (AS365N)

Co-pilots: 500 hours TT of which 300 hours twin-turbine, preferably offshore experience and qualified on type (AS365N)

Anyone has experiencing working for them? :ok:

Big_T
17th Jun 2011, 18:54
the first page of the application asks for:
place of birth
date of passport issue
place of passport issue
etc...
ie- details that are found on the ID page of your passport (and a helicopter company wouldn't need).

I saw a Nigerian ID scam like this a while ago.

BEWARE
:\

Peter PanPan
17th Jun 2011, 19:59
Also found it intriguing, they definitely ask a lot of personal information for a mere initial application...:eek:

C4
17th Jun 2011, 20:42
You Boys don't get out much do you!!!!

Middle East runs on passport details, stealing your ID... get over it .. Or stay at home......

PPI Zulu
17th Jun 2011, 22:05
Everett Aviation seeking Captain and Co-joes for BK117 and N2
AS365N captains / co pilots

Everett Aviation has been operating in East Africa for 15 years and as a result of further demand and expansion it is seeking individuals for its operations in support of its Oil, Gas and Mining customers in East Africa.
In particular, there is a requirement for the following to be based in Dar es Salaam

AS365 Pilots:
Captains: 2,000 hours TT, 400 hrs offshore, 100 hrs on type (AS365N)

Co-pilots: 500 hours TT of which 300 hours twin-turbine, preferably offshore experience and qualified on type (AS365N)

Anyone has experiencing working for them? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gifWhere did you get this listing? It's not the same as the one on their website. Why just list this one - what about the AS350 and the BK117?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS350 B2 Captains
Minimum requirements for this position

Commercial Pilot License
1000 hours Total Time
300 hours on Type

Experienced B2 Captains required for a full time position based in Tanzania / Kenya.
Pilots with a current AS 365 rating in addition to an AS350 rating also required to rotate between our onshore AS350 B2 and Offshore AS365 N2 tasking.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]

BK117 C1 Captains
Minimum requirements for this position:

Airline Transport Pilot License
Instrument Rating
2000 hours Total Time
500 multi engine
Long line an advantage

BK117 C1 Co-pilots

Commercial Pilot License
Instrument Rating
300 hours Total Time
100 hours turbine
50 hours multi engine

The BK117s operate across Africa, including Angola and Guinea doing various types of aerial work, underslung, general passenger charters and medevac. They are NVG and IFR equipped.
Two of our BK117s operate in Baghdad, Iraq and for this we are seeking primarily ex military crew. All positions will be on a 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off roster.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]

LowTime
18th Jun 2011, 01:24
I applied to Everett a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing.

anyone else in the same boat?

Cheers N Beers

LT

Chickenhawk1
18th Jun 2011, 08:12
Everett haven't changed their website employment page since I started looking at them over a year ago. After a telephone call from the chief last September and some email correspondence I got offered a 365 gig with them and then....nothing. Not a call/email, no returned calls, no one available etc.... strange bunch. I'd still love to know what happened there.

Anyway, I could be wrong but it seems justhelicopters (if that's where Peter Panpan got the ad) regurgitate the same old ad every now and again. I've updated them a few times and heard nothing. That's my experience. Apply and see...

Edit: Oops, you're right PPP, sorry I meant gethelicopterjobs.com. As I said I have a feeling they publish old ads. They've issued that same ad with new dates several times since December. I could be wrong...

Peter PanPan
18th Jun 2011, 08:21
@ PPI Zulu (http://www.pprune.org/members/210676-ppi-zulu): I was just waiting for you to take the initiative to check the website and then take the time to post here the rest of the info ;) Next time I will make sure you get silver spoon fed!

@ C4: Since when the Arabian Gulf is a synonym of the rest of the World? Glad you have extensive experience with South Africa and the Middle East, keep sharing your knowledge instead of making smart @ss comments :ok:

Peter PanPan
18th Jun 2011, 08:28
Chickenhawk1: I actually found the add on AS365N captains / co pilots - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania @ GetHelicopterJobs.com (http://www.gethelicopterjobs.com/Tanzania/as365n-captains-co-pilots-2294942.htm), it comes listed as 06.14.11, I have also been keeping an eye on Everett for a while and spoke once with Cpt. Chambler, most friendly over the phone and they seem to be one of the most active outfits on the Eastern coast of Africa. All I know :)

tigerpic
19th Jun 2011, 16:56
This is the reply I got:

Thank you for your interest in Everett Aviation and your CV
Unfortunately at the present time we are only looking for pilots with BK117 type endorsements and vertical reference experience.
I will however keep your details on file and get back to you should the situation change.

Hope this answers questions about the company.

Peter PanPan
21st Jun 2011, 21:05
"Overseas"? As in outside the States right? :) Bear in mind this website is a bit more UK centred and there is also a significant international crew out here. So "overseas" tends to be the other way round ;)

For your info:

PAS = Petroleum Air Services PAS (http://www.pas.com.eg/)
NHV = Noordzee Helikopters Vlaanderen Company (http://www.nhv.be/company.aspx)

And as far as I know there isn't any "Master List with all International Helo Operators" (As in outside the States or Europe), it would surely come handy, perhaps that would be your next endeavour? :ok:

kdj123
22nd Jun 2011, 00:03
Not a full list and a bit old now, but here is an international operator list ...
HeliNews - Helicopter Aviation Companies Worldwide ( Helicopter Operators ) (http://www.helinews.com/companies.php)

detgnome
22nd Jun 2011, 00:28
It should be noted that Scotland is, currently, part of the UK. Whether it is a wanted part is probably something to be discussed on another forum....;)

VeeAny
23rd Jun 2011, 10:09
London Helicopter Centres need a JAA CPL(H) with FI(H) rating from 1st August 2011 onwards on a permanent basis, the role will be based at Redhill near Gatwick.

Must be R22 qualified , ideally with R44, H269, EC120 and AS350 type ratings as the position will involve some charter work.

The company also operates AS355 and EC135 so there may be some P2 opportunities for those with appropriate qualifications.

Please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]

Gary

Peter PanPan
24th Jun 2011, 12:59
"Not a full list and a bit old now, but here is an international operator list ...
HeliNews - Helicopter Aviation Companies Worldwide ( Helicopter Operators ) (http://www.helinews.com/companies.php) "

About that link, it's definitely old, several companies missing and a bunch of others that either no longer exist or changed names. Some of the links don't work either, check out the Heli Union one for example. But yeah it could be a good start for google cross referenced searched or asking around.

Brazil for instance has many more operators than that, between the Air taxi companies and the Oil Offshore support operators...

dinofootball
24th Jun 2011, 16:27
Just know with work in Brasil, if you do not hold a Brasilian passport, dont bother until they allow expats to help their for a few years until they can bring up enough nationals to do the work

patatas
24th Jun 2011, 19:42
On top of having a brazilian passport, things with Brazilian ANAC is a nightmare. I am a Brazilian citizen converting my CPL from Europe. Everyone must do a Law exam in Portuguese before starting applying for the conversion.

On top of it, I've been waiting since February for the paperwork.... close to settle but haven't got my papers yet and we are talking about 4 months with all exams and check rides done, so not easy at all.

There is lot of work right now, but the market is very hard to step in since they are trying as much as possible to protect nationals... it's worthy checking once and a while to see if rules have changed for foreigners...

hueyracer
28th Jun 2011, 07:24
Maybe just another (Nigerian) scam?

Peter PanPan
28th Jun 2011, 08:16
Doubtfully, Botco Aviation Services, the hiring company is a US company based in Florida: Botco Aviation Services (http://www.botco.com/)

Now what we are trying to guess here is on whose behalf are they hiring for?

Requiring an ATP for SICs seems a bit unusual. :suspect:

hueyracer
29th Jun 2011, 08:02
Not if they are also planning to expand soon-using the SIC´s as "soon to be Captain´s".....

zlocko2002
29th Jun 2011, 13:31
i think that I saw their add at JSfirm.
Yet another US citizen only job

Peter PanPan
29th Jun 2011, 15:41
@ zlocko2002: Definitely not, it's a FAA ATP holder job only, regardless of your citizenship ;)

zlocko2002
29th Jun 2011, 17:11
I cant find it any more on JSfirm, but I remember that there was request for US citizenship and DoD security clearance
Or maybe I saw add for some other company also for Africa...

handbag
30th Jun 2011, 00:49
I see Border Patrol are having another hiring extravaganza on the USA jobs site. All vacancies now require dual FW and rotary ratings. Is this the way forward for CBP now? Anybody in the know? :cool: A buddy of mine got hired in the last wave - took 9 months !!

imuney
1st Jul 2011, 10:05
zlocko2002, that's how rumors get started! But isn't it a rumor network after all?!?!?

Brownlees
2nd Jul 2011, 14:19
Just a heads up chaps, I recently submitted my resume in for a post that was advertised on “flightglobal/jobs” for a company called “Impex Engineering ltd” located Africa. Yep I don’t know what I was thinking either as it was a little vague but I was at least one glass in.
I have since had a reply asking for my personal info, passport etc. There website which is www.impexengineeringltd.com (http://www.impexengineeringltd.com/), looks pretty suspect as it’s a free Google site (click on the bottom of the web page) I can’t be sure but I’m calling scam just in case, I certainly won’t be pursuing this bunch of dodgy looking characters. :sad:

PPI Zulu
3rd Jul 2011, 10:00
I have also received the application form and began to smell a rat.
There is another Impex Engineering (http://impexengineering.com/home.html), based in Malaysia and I've emailed them to see if the two companies are linked in any way (they appear to be genuine).
I guess the first thing you have to realise is that if it's Nigeria there's always a chance of a scam. Impex Engineering Ltd (http://www.impexengineeringltd.com/home) (suspect) even has a scam warning (http://www.impexengineeringltd.com/alert) on its website (good spot on the free google site issue Brownlees).
Has anyone out there advertised with Flight Global? What checks and controls do they have for advertisers? Does it cost anything?

Peter PanPan
8th Jul 2011, 19:09
BK 117 Pilots

Everett Aviation based in Nairobi, is looking for BK117 P2's for 6 week rotational work in Iraq, minimum requirements 1500 total time with 200 hours on type or similar (105,135,lynx)
IF rating and military experience.

mustering guru
9th Jul 2011, 03:04
Hey Peter PanPan,

Are you just passing this info from their website or do you work for this outfit?

Just curious about if someone meets the mins but not the military time would they consider?

Cheers,

MG

vaibronco
9th Jul 2011, 07:07
Just curious about if someone meets the mins but not the military time would they consider?

Yes, only if you can choose in half second what you deploy: chaff or flares :E

before landing check list
9th Jul 2011, 08:41
I would be interested. Been to Iraq, military time with the BK and BO experience.

PPI Zulu
9th Jul 2011, 09:21
...flares every time...I would be very surprised (not to mention dead) if the bad guys had any radar guided super-sonic telegraph poles :eek:.

PPI Zulu
9th Jul 2011, 10:44
Hi Peter,

BK 117 - Iraq
BK 117 Pilots

Everett Aviation based in Nairobi, is looking for BK117 P2's for 6 week rotational work in Iraq, minimum requirements 1500 total time with 200 hours on type or similar (105,135,lynx)
IF rating and military experience.

Is this a recent update to re-request applications? Has anything changed since posts 963 to 972?

I applied for this gig back at the beginning of the year and actually received a phone call from 'Mr Everett'. They wern't actually looking for anyone at the time. He said that he would ask his Chief Pilot (or senior pilot responsible for Iraq) to give me a call in 'about a month', but so far - zippo.
He was, however, looking for trouble shooting managers to travel around to their various operations in Africa keeping things running smoothly / facilitating...etc. There was a hint of some aviation (hands on) but not enough of a guarantee to tempt me.

Peter PanPan
9th Jul 2011, 22:58
@ mustering guru : (http://www.pprune.org/members/108429-mustering-guru) Just passing the info, check out Lynx, BO 105, EC 135 - Everett Aviation BK 117 Pilots - Baghdad, Iraq @ GetHelicopterJobs.com (http://www.gethelicopterjobs.com/Iraq/lynx-bo-105-ec-135-everett-aviation-bk-117-pilots-2357763.htm)

@ PPI Zulu: Seems to me like it's a recent update, have a look at the link above mentioned. :ok:

tigerpic
12th Jul 2011, 09:02
@ mustering guru : (http://www.pprune.org/members/108429-mustering-guru) Just passing the info, check out Lynx, BO 105, EC 135 - Everett Aviation BK 117 Pilots - Baghdad, Iraq @ GetHelicopterJobs.com (http://www.gethelicopterjobs.com/Iraq/lynx-bo-105-ec-135-everett-aviation-bk-117-pilots-2357763.htm)

@ PPI Zulu: Seems to me like it's a recent update, have a look at the link above mentioned. :ok:

[/URL]

well, if you look here [url]http://www.helijobs.net/?p=344 (http://www.pprune.org/members/108429-mustering-guru) the same job has been "available" since march. it seems like a few of the job sites re-post jobs for their own benefits.

hands_on123
12th Jul 2011, 09:48
new job site?

Your Helicopter Jobs Site @ GetHelicopterJobs.com (http://www.gethelicopterjobs.com/)

i don't know if this has been posted before

ec155mech
12th Jul 2011, 10:28
hmm reading through this thread it seems to me that alot of people think that the world owes them a job, now that they spent all that money becoming a pilot.

its a matter of supply and demand as many people have said already. and in the industry it is a matter of knowing someone who knows someone. half the job in aviation is about networking. be it in the maint department ( where I work right now ) or in OPS ( where I also hope to work in a short while ) fact is. it is a tough industry to get into. and I am guessing you who decided to pursuit your dreams, did bother to do a little bit of research before you put your life savings into this.

I think it is wrong for people to discourage young people with the same dream that we all had, to pursuit theirs like we did ourselves.

Yes it is a good idea to let people know how it really is. but to tell them directly to abandon their dreams is just wrong.

in regards to being an unemployed pilot. there are plenty of jobs out there. and to limit your options and not pursue a second education is ( and I know I will get loads of bullocks for this ) stupid

my point is. we shouldnt sugarcoat things. or blow them out of proportion. but instead of chopping peoples hopes and dreams down in one blow. advise them to have a plan b and c. the world doesnt owe us anything. and thinking it does is naive and ignorant. and getting a job is sometimes a matter of being at the right place at the right time.

Aser
12th Jul 2011, 11:04
PME International? what is this? a leasing company recruiting pilots?

BELL412/EP, BELL212 and AW-139 Pilots and Engineers/Mechanics

PME International is a global aviation provider involved in all facets of aviation and integrated logistics. Our customer base consists of oil, gas, mining, commercial and military. Our services include helicopter and air charter support and specialized logistics such as on-ground management support. Prime areas of deployment for PME International are often remote and challenging, we do however have a global focus.

PME International is actively seeking qualified pilots, enginers and aviation brokers for internal and external placement.

We currently need Pilots and Engineers/Mechanics for BELL412, BELL212 and AW-139.

We offer very competitive salary package and immediate job placement.

Ideally all position will be based in UAE, however consideration may be given to other locations with an emphasis on Middle East region.

You should in the first instance submit your CV attached, (max 3 pages) and send to

PME International

Regards
Aser

Peter PanPan
12th Jul 2011, 17:37
@ ec155mech (http://www.pprune.org/members/348590-ec155mech) : Not too sure how your moralizing rant fits in a Rotary Jobs thread... :hmm:

Troy ATC
12th Jul 2011, 20:00
Hello all,

Aviation Training Consulting is looking for S-92 Instructor pilots and S-92 Search and Rescue pilots for our contracts in Kuwait.

Obviously, I'm not on this forum a lot and I'm not HR. However, if you're interested check out the web site for the job ads and contact HR at [email protected].

hands_on123
12th Jul 2011, 20:05
Sounds like sour grapes from an engineer to me.

wwingrotor
14th Jul 2011, 04:50
Has someone got any response from skyshuttle?

sabal
15th Jul 2011, 14:39
Hi everybody,
I'm flying lately on the fire fighting season in Spain and thinking about winters...
Chile could be a good place to fly in the southern summer season.
Appart from Inaer and Faasa (the Spanish companies) I've looking at Ecocopter and Helicopters. They look the Chilean main operators.
Does anybody know other operators in Chile who do fires??

I would be grateful for any kind of help about....;)

Santos

ec155mech
15th Jul 2011, 20:54
@Peter Pan Pan, it doesnt really, but I can only relate to the rotary industry. and wasn't as a rant per say. only a wish that the forum doesnt frown upon those who are trying to follow their dreams.

PPI Zulu
16th Jul 2011, 16:31
Nope...:(...no response from Skyshuttle. Did you have a 139 TR?

EESDL
16th Jul 2011, 16:34
PPI Zulu

do you mean "do you have a 139 Tail Rotor.........."
:ouch:

PPI Zulu
16th Jul 2011, 17:32
...suck-back...I see that you do have a 139 TR - I definitely didn't stand a chance then...:rolleyes:

PPI Zulu
16th Jul 2011, 17:47
PPI Zulu

do you mean "do you have a 139 Tail Rotor.........."
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/shiner.gifNow, now! That's how an aircraft can get a bad rep...;)...next thing some journo makes a program called 'AW139 - the widow maker' and all 139 drivers have to reasure their other halves everyday for a month about how safe it is...no, wait, hold-on...better make that 'Westland Lynx - the widow maker' - too much chance of being sued over a commercial cab!:E

gulliBell
16th Jul 2011, 22:21
Point of order Gentlemen. Technically that SkyShuttle AW139 tail rotor is not lost, it was found, al-be-it at the bottom of Hong Kong Harbor :} Many of us however are still waiting to find out how it came to need finding in the first place :ugh:

wwingrotor
17th Jul 2011, 05:11
Yes, i have 139 type rating.

JulieAndrews
17th Jul 2011, 13:21
to those of you who still pay attention to company own websites for vacancies - don't - they're normally too max'd out to update page.
Take NHV for example -
Phone NHV direct if you are a Dauphin IR-rated pilot, preferably with offshore experience and can obtain a JAR ATPL.
They are continually winning contracts and will always have a requirement. You could be helping their ops/hr department out and actually doing them a favour - but you ain't heard it from me right!

:)

Horror box
17th Jul 2011, 14:38
You could be helping their ops/hr department out and actually doing them a favour

They are going to love you for that Julie! They will need to hire and extra person just to answer the phones now with all the enquiries - a CP's nightmare. :}

chcoffshore
17th Jul 2011, 20:23
Thanks Julie for the heads up, where have they been winning contracts?

Good luck to NHV:D

fluffy5
19th Jul 2011, 09:49
I have heard there are execellent instructor jobs at horizon internatonal flight academy UAE. must be ex military or alot of instructional hours turbine, if you are american get on the US program there and get paid alot for 407 flying, have to be ex-us, all the retired from fort rucker can go for a pay rise. or if not fly the 206 there for the instruction and get paid a little less.
The most professional flight academy in the world :}

Turkeyslapper
19th Jul 2011, 10:57
Why do you have to be a US citizen to teach on the 407 at Horizon....what does it take some extra special skills that only the US trained pilots posses:rolleyes:

Seriously though, whats the go?

Thanks

MyTarget
19th Jul 2011, 11:34
Julie,

I think you will find that NHV's database is quite healthy with over 1000 applicants on file.
Saying that they are always looking for the right people to fill posts when they are available.
:O

PPI Zulu
19th Jul 2011, 14:36
...so then Fluffy - do you work for Horizon or have they promised you a finders fee? :suspect:

What's all this about ex-US when the the 'brochure' says:
...specialized in training students for Helicopter & Fix Wing according to the European Joint Aviation Authority (JAA) style curriculum... Anyway, check out post 982 (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/353543-rotary-jobs-50.html#post6534554) + 983 :ok: (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/353543-rotary-jobs-50.html#post6534561)

Do you know if there's any room to manoeuvre in the minimum quals? - I'm almost there!:(

fluffy5
19th Jul 2011, 14:56
There are two different positions. 1) bell206 any Icao licence experienced instructor roughly 35,000aed. 2) bell407 only requiring ex us military 47,000aed. reason is the uae military ghq have there certain departments that require their parties to go to one or the other. you have to be there to understand the ever entertaining politics.
Anyhow contact robin smith who is in charge of the overall recruitment.

good luck...... Innnshaaallllahhhhh:}

PPI Zulu
19th Jul 2011, 15:25
Thanks for the reply Fluffy - that's cleared things up a bit.

Please tell me you made decimal point mistake with the salary? 35,000AED is only about £5900 / $9500 - that's about how much it costs to run a car for a week in the UK!!!:E

fluffy5
20th Jul 2011, 02:46
that is a month

fluffy

Aser
20th Jul 2011, 08:23
Training Operation Instructor - Eurocopter UK - 1401213012 - Flightglobal Jobs (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/training-operation-instructor-eurocopter-uk-united-kingdom-1401213012.htm)

EC225 instructor

Regards
Aser

Aser
22nd Jul 2011, 19:10
Hansen Helicopters
Guam

Job Location:
Outside USA/Canada Contact: Marvin Reed
[email protected]

Helicopter Pilots needed for Tuna Boats in the South Pacific. Minumum requirments; 1,000 hrs. total helicopter PIC, 100 hrs. turbine, 25 hrs. in type (H500).

$3,693.00 per month, we pay airfare to and from the vessel, after completion of a 1 yr. contract, a $2,500.00 bonus after the one year for no-down time or broken machine.

Contact ; Hansen Helicospters at 671-649-9580/81 Fax. 671-649-9582 or email. [email protected] or [email protected]

Regards
Aser

Peter PanPan
29th Jul 2011, 16:03
Lady Lori - Africa By Air (http://www.flyladylori.com/)

Great position available for pilot on a two year contract in Nairobi, Kenya.

MUST have 1500 Hours turbine time (not negotiable)

Prefer someone with AS350/EC130 time.

Position is available immediately.

Please email CV to [email protected]

Aser
2nd Aug 2011, 19:31
Humm... :suspect:
I don't like how it sounds...

The 7 Group

Company description
We offer hardware as well as software, viz. selling aircrafts and offering training and services for all kinds of rotorcrafts.

Helicopter Pilot

Job description
!!! Helicopter Pilots: Great, once in a lifetime opportunity !!!

Do you need to build helicopter time? We have time-building opportunities to get you to hiring minimums and you even get paid for it? And all this comes in a challenging surrounding. Push the limits, go beyond the imaginable and build your time while being on an exotic location. Gaining the required time in a foreign country, what an impressive reference for a golden future?

The offered job requires that you have a PPL-H, CPL-H and flight instructor license, NO turbine hours needed so far. If necessary, turbine rating will even be paid by us! We offer to fly on latest Eurocopter EC120B.
Your missions would be special VIP transports, surveillance and flight instruction.

Salary
negotiable

Primary Aircraft
EC120B

Start Date
15/09/2011

Minimum Requirements
PPL-H, CPL-H and flight instructor license

REQUIREMENTS:
1. Demonstrate leadership and initiative.
2. Create an environment that clearly demonstrates teamwork and professionalism.
3. Establish effective interpersonal relationships and demonstrate positive customer service relations (internal and external).
4. Effective oral and written communication skills (English of course).
5. Possesses and demonstrate sound judgment and objectivity in decision making.
6. In-depth knowledge of operational requirements of field, regulations, policies and procedures.
7. Willing to move to the Middle East.

Start: September 2011

If you want to take on this great once in a lifetime opportunity, go hurry and submit your resume to Paul Peters, [email protected]. Phone calls will not be accepted. Eligible applicants will initially be invited to a phone interview.

To apply for this position please contact :

Name
Paul Peters

Phone

Email
[email protected]

All applications must be received by 31/08/2011

Regards
Aser

FullTravelFree
2nd Aug 2011, 20:48
7 group, definately a fake add...
:{
too bad, I'd love to fly the 120 in an exotic environment.

Epiphany
3rd Aug 2011, 05:28
too bad, I'd love to fly the 120 in an exotic environment.

You've obviously never been to the Middle East.

FullTravelFree
3rd Aug 2011, 09:34
"You've obviously never been to the Middle East." ...very true, no further then the beaches of Sharm El Sheikh. :cool:

So I'll delete my mental picture of waving palmtrees, clear blue water

and bikinigirls. *sigh*

Epiphany
3rd Aug 2011, 15:20
Yep - 'fraid so. More like fist waving fanatics, raw sewage and burkas.

PPI Zulu
4th Aug 2011, 13:26
From Flight Gobal...now we're talking...seems like the best opportunity on these pages for a while...

Job Role: Helicopter Pilot

Job Position: Permanent
Company: Devon & Cornwall Constabulary
Salary: £41,697 - £50,418 per annum
Posted Date: 02 August 2011 16:28:02

A Force for Opportunity ORGANISATIONAL AND OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
Line Pilot

Force Headquarters, Middlemoor, Exeter

£41,697 - £50,418 per annum

You will be an integral member of the Air Operations Unit, providing a vital resource to officers across the Devon and Cornwall force area.

You will operate an EC 145 police helicopter, providing an aerial observation and communication platform for
police related incidents. As a duty pilot, you will ensure that the operation of the aircraft is in accordance with CAA legislation and provide advice and assistance in the planning of police operations. In addition, you will be required to maintain currency of licence and medical qualifications and to undertake, where necessary, maintenance inspections of the aircraft.

For an informal discussion, please contact Chief Pilot Derrick White on telephone 07594623553 between the hours of 9am and 5pm, weekdays only.

For further information and an application pack please Go to apply now to link.

Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 19 August 2011.
Interviews will be held on 9 September 2011.

Building safer communities together Call and have a chat; Derrick seems very much on the level. Time frame rules me out :{.

TR, IR and NVG (NVD for you purists) training for the 'right' candidate.

PPI Zulu is just the messenger....

212man
4th Aug 2011, 13:44
NVG (NVD for you purists)

Actually, NVIS for us purists...:ok:

seems like the best opportunity on these pages for a while...

Apart from the BSP Vacancies thread, of course...;)

heliski22
4th Aug 2011, 14:35
Epiphany

.................not forgetting the previously mentioned "loogic free zone", eh?

PPI Zulu
4th Aug 2011, 18:25
Actually, NVIS for us purists...:ok:Near Vertical Incidence Skywave (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_Vertical_Incidence_Skywave)? I don't remember that in Air Ops! There was one crazy question about air conditioning that escaped from another exam...:E

Apart from the BSP Vacancies thread, of course...;)If you're already S92, already TRE, already Long Line, already SAR, already superhuman...;)

Big-Windy
9th Aug 2011, 14:48
Job Role: Pilot
Company: Brunei Shell Petroleum Company
Salary:

Posted Date: 01 August 2011 15:53:00
BRUNEI SHELL PETROLEUM COMPANY SENDIRIAN BERHAD (BSP), the leading Oil and Gas company in Negara Brunei Darussalam requires additional personnel to support its offshore Aviation Operations.
BSP has an outstanding helicopter safety record achieved while successfully delivering a high level of involvement by Brunei Citizens in all phases of its operations. The BSP Aviation Department (SAV) has a unique place within Royal Dutch Shell, as BSP is the only Shell company that owns, operates and maintains helicopters as an internal activity.
Now operating three Sikorsky S-92A aircraft, SAV seeks motivated pilots to join this world-renowned aviation organisation.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
• UK CAA/JAA ATPL (H) IR or equivalent license acceptable to the Brunei Department of Civil Aviation
• Sikorsky S-92A type rating with a minimum 100 hours command experience
• A minimum of 1500 hours in command of multi-engine helicopters, of which at least 500 hours must be in command in the offshore oil and gas role
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• JAA S92 TRE qualification
• Production vertical reference experience on heavy aircraft
• SAR experience
Benefits
A very competitive salary and benefits package is available for the right candidate and is free of local tax. An initial appointment for 2+2 years will be offered with potential subsequent contract renewal. Company housing, education and healthcare are provided along with access to sporting, entertainment and recreational facilities. Brunei Darussalam has excellent travel links within South East Asia and beyond, enjoys a tropical climate and has a safe working and living environment.
It is BSP requirement that you attach the following mandatory items when you register via BSP Recruitment website:
1) Recent Curriculum Vitae (CV), indicating full personal details and copies of supporting documents
2) Scanned copy of passport
3) Scanned copy of the highest academic qualification certificate

revit
9th Aug 2011, 15:03
Topic going on about it over here (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/457997-brunei-vacancies-bsp.html).

chcoffshore
9th Aug 2011, 16:09
Oh dear read the previous page!:rolleyes:

tracker69
14th Aug 2011, 15:24
Hi There

Im a unlicensed Engineer with lots of experiance on R22,R44,AS350,AS355,A109,H500,H520,E480

Was wondering where is the best place to find Employment around the midlands area is ?

Any help would be appreciated

sabal
18th Aug 2011, 14:27
Zenon Recruitment currently requires a number of AS365 N3 Captains for permanent positions based in Africa.

The position includes working a 6 week on 6 week off roster with all flights, accommodation and transport provided.

You must be current on the AS356 N3 and be French speaking to be considered for this role.

To apply for this position please email a copy of the following to [email protected]
- CV/Resume
- Copy of License
- Colour Copy of Passport
- All applications will be treated as confidential.

Zenon Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy

rotorsrule
19th Aug 2011, 02:29
Where can a 1200 hour pilot (all turbine) find a job other than the Tuna Fields? No luck with the tour operators in HI and Vegas, and no luck with the Gulf of Mexico operators either. Lots of emails sent and calls made...

Will travel anywhere. About ready to push everything in storage and go to Africa or the Middle East and knock on doors.

(FAA rotary commercial instrument.)

S76driver
19th Aug 2011, 20:52
rotorsrule

Have you tried Abu Dhabi Aviation, the need quite a few pilots.

hands_on123
19th Aug 2011, 20:59
Any pilots out there with two pairs of hands for this job?!

Bootcamp Helicopters, LLC
5430 Lynx Lane; Suite 176
Columbia, Maryland 21044-2302
United States

Job Location:
Maryland

[email protected]
Ph: 301-717-5455
Bootcamp Lights | Innovative Advertising (http://www.bootcamplights.com)

Bootcamp Helicopters, LLC is looking to hire one to two part-time pilots to fly Sky Sign in the Baltimore/DC area.

Job Description
Pilot will receive flight orders from Director of Operations usually 24 hours in advance of flight. Orders will include the time, location, and a follow-up e-mail with the Sky Sign message file. He/she must prepare to arrive at the airport in Clarksville, MD with enough time to preflight the helicopter and sign, upload message file to the computer, file a DC SFRA flight plan, receive a departure clearance, and (during winter months) pre-heat the helicopter. He/she will need to arrive on location at the specified time. During the flight, he/she will maintain communication with the ground spotter using one radio, while communicating with ATC with the other.

All flights occur during night hours, so pilot will log a significant amount of night flight time. Our normal refueling airport, when in the Baltimore area is 25 NM from the departure airport, so pilot will log cross country time as well. Depending on sunrise/sunset schedule, flights will take place between 05:30 - 07:00 and between 17:00 - 21:00. Weekend flights may go as late at midnight. Pilots will not be expected to fly both shifts in one day, however they may elect to do so.

Occasionally, pilots will be asked to assist in attaching/removing the sign under the supervision of an A&P. This process usually takes about an hour to 90 minutes. When the opportunity arises to re-position the aircraft to nearby cities (e.g. Ocean City, Atlantic City, New York City, Richmond, etc.), pilot will be the first offered the second seat for the ferry flights.

The position pays $50 per revenue flight hour and $30 to assist in attaching/removing the sign.

Qualifications

500 hours total helicopter time
50 hours in the DC SFRA
50 hours in the Robinson R22
Hold an R22 PIC endorsement
Hold a valid second-class medical certificate
Have completed the RHC Safety Course within previous 7 years
Must be able to hover the R22 in place for upwards of 2 hours.
Must be experienced in the DC SFRA and surrounding Class B airspace.
Must be able to handle flying the helicopter while communicating on two radios and occasionally changing messages on the laptop computer (in the passenger seat).
Must know how to operate a Garmin hand-held GPS.
Must be a team-player. No Blue Falcons please.
Pilots who know the general layout of highways in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area are preferred.
Pilots who hold a DC FRZ PIN, or are in the process of obtaining one are preferred.

Sky Sign Description
Sky Sign was invented and patented by Sky Sign Inc. There are photos are videos available at: Bootcamp Lights | Innovative Advertising (http://www.bootcamplights.com). The helicopter and sign have a Supplemental Type Certificate and have been inspected and approved by an IA and two FAA airworthiness inspectors. When the sign is attached, the aircraft operates in Restricted Category. We hold an FAA waiver to allow us to fly at 500 ft. while operating under Restricted Category. The sign adds about 105 lbs. to the aircraft and places the CG considerably farther aft. Due to the aft CG, this is a single-pilot operation. Normal cruise speed with the sign attached at full power is 55 to 60 KIAS. The aircraft is very maneuverable with the sign and is very difficult to settle with power.

Contact Information
If you feel you are qualified for the positions, please e-mail resume and/or questions to:
Chief Pilot: Robert Schapiro
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: 301-717-5455
(E-Mails Preferred)

rotorsrule
19th Aug 2011, 21:08
@76driver

I emailed Abu Dhabi, no luck. Tried calling 971-2-5758000 but it just rings endlessly. Do you have a better number?

Flyting
20th Aug 2011, 05:26
Must be a team-player
don't know why.... you seem to be doing everything yourself...
Must be able to handle flying the helicopter while communicating on two radios and occasionally changing messages on the laptop computer (in the passenger seat).

.... and all for peanuts too......

vfr440
20th Aug 2011, 06:20
T69
You could always try Patriot at Coventry Airport (adjacent to Air Atlantique), they have a fair amount of work and you have the experience on type they could use - VFR

ShyTorque
20th Aug 2011, 06:30
Flyting,

If you bend over they could stick the broom up your *** and you could sweep the hangar floor at the same time.... :p

Flyting
20th Aug 2011, 10:09
OUCH.....:{
I think you'd already be bending over so not far to go till you get a look like this... :eek:

talk about milking the :mad: out of someone trying to get somewhere in the beginning building hours...!

And safe as well....
Holding a hover for up to 2 hrs and changing text on the laptop on the pax seat in a 22..... You can just imagine how that rock would drop when the engine went poof and one was typing a new message.....
I think :eek: isn't big or scary enough...

Horror box
20th Aug 2011, 11:27
Normal cruise speed with the sign attached at full power is 55 to 60 KIAS. The aircraft is very maneuverable with the sign and is very difficult to settle with power.

What a statement!

Hovering over a built-up area at 500' agl at night with a 12 meter sign under the aircraft, single pilot in an R22, with cg well aft and your head in texting and writing on the laptop on the seat next to you at the same time. Did the FAA not see any problems at all with this when they certified it or am I being over cautious? In addition they are paying peanuts, so are not going to attract the most experienced people around. I hope they have some fairly strict operating procedures. I would not touch this one with a barge pole - which incidentally is probably going to be shoved up the pilot who takes this on.

IntheTin
20th Aug 2011, 11:40
And only 50 hours needed in a 22. :mad:

Horrorbox. Totally agree. What a stupid thing to write! Almost means it will settle but don't worry because I've written it won't! :cool:

griffothefog
20th Aug 2011, 12:52
Isn't that why we have fixed zepp balloons for ****e like this? :ugh::=

S76driver
20th Aug 2011, 13:01
@ rotorsrule

I'm sure your aware but, don't forget they don't work Friday or Saturdays and they only work till 3 on weekdays. I'm away from home presently but I will check numbers when I get home and get my hands on my UAE cell.

Flyting
20th Aug 2011, 14:58
MhWbQYVtRAU

this might be a better way of doing it.....in a 105 :ooh:

ChockIce
20th Aug 2011, 16:36
Remember that we are in the middle of Ramadan so ADA's work pattern will be different from normal, in all probability. Ramadan finishes 28/29 Aug but there will then be the Eid holiday - another two or three days probably.

Wait until September maybe. :ok:

PPI Zulu
26th Aug 2011, 22:19
Does anyone know who's behind the SEARCHTECH trawl for 'Helicopter Pilot Instructors - UK' on page 46 of 23-29 August Flight International (http://www.flightglobal.com/home/default.aspx)?

I can't find a listing in Flight Global Jobs (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/default.aspx) and Searchtech's website (http://www.searchtechuk.com/vacancies.php) re-direct to aviationjobsearch.com (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/jobs/current/searchtech_uk/?client_ID=789) doesn't contain the ad either...curious.

Helibloke
29th Aug 2011, 13:22
Have a look at chc.ca and follow the career prompts. They seem to have several vacancies in the UK and Norway.

Good luck

serf
29th Aug 2011, 15:44
...........also Iraq/Afghanistan, wonder what DAS will be fitted.

MartinCh
31st Aug 2011, 07:19
Have a minimum of 500 hours aeronautical flight time

Does that mean one can credit fixed wing time for copilot jobs at Weststar? Besides UK CAA, are there any 'acceptable' foreign licences for easy validation in Malaysia? I've been told that dealing with DCA is a pain/difficult.

Garfs
31st Aug 2011, 08:47
Does that mean one can credit fixed wing time for copilot jobs at Weststar? Besides UK CAA, are there any 'acceptable' foreign licences for easy validation in Malaysia? I've been told that dealing with DCA is a pain/difficult.

Best asking Weststar direct but I know as part of a CPL(H) in Malaysia they make you do 50 hours fixed wing first then 100 hours Rotary (R44) before you are awarded with a Malaysian CPL(H).

So I would assume FW time counts. Again tho asking HR at Weststar is probably best.

Cheers
Garfs

blackbird20
2nd Sep 2011, 13:14
IS BRISTOW hiring new pilots?

Flying Pencil
2nd Sep 2011, 15:31
Why would a HEMS CP need NVG time? Do they have aspirations of 24hr HEMS?

bigglesbutler
2nd Sep 2011, 17:47
IS BRISTOW hiring new pilots?

Apparently, if you go to the link in my previous thread you can search for pilot jobs and apply right there and then. Have an up to date cv on your computer when you do it and you should be good to go.

Si

PPI Zulu
2nd Sep 2011, 20:27
Wow! I don't think I've got what it takes to be a pilot at Bristow - the on-line application is harder than an ILS to Filton followed by and NDB to Gloucester :}

blackbird20
3rd Sep 2011, 09:07
This is a difficult "world". Even with my experience I´m not confident about having a chance.....

Heliricky
3rd Sep 2011, 19:47
Some informations about SAR in Uk with CHC in Lee on Solent.........
Roaster, flight hours por month, pay.....

pasptoo
3rd Sep 2011, 21:22
All sound like questions for the interview :ok:

Roster - non commuting, pay uk average, hours - circa 250 per year. None of this is confirmed, but what i've heard.

good luck. Pas

WLM
4th Sep 2011, 07:43
1 item not mentioned in the AI add, you must be a Malaysian Citizen....

pasptoo
4th Sep 2011, 08:27
(odd pay for the responsibilities listed?)

perhaps the

plus comprehensive benefits

is the another salary on top?

:} P.

wingnut193
12th Sep 2011, 09:37
Am i to old at 43 to be considered for a co pilot position on the North sea? I have a current IR but only 750 hrs TT and no off shore experience. Is it my age or experience ?

Camp Freddie
12th Sep 2011, 09:54
wingnut,

you are not too old, they will tend to look at how much is it going to cost them to get you online as the first consideration.

so do you have a ME IR or SE IR?

also depending on the company you need to pass pyschometric testing / psychologist interview / panel interview.

so are you are nutter or a steady sort of chap?

CF

wingnut193
12th Sep 2011, 10:52
I have a ME IR from Bristow at Gloucester and 50hrs on twins. I'm working as a FI at the weekends, married with kids and a Army background as a adventure training instructor.

foxmead
12th Sep 2011, 12:49
Wingnut, I will put my two bobs worth in. If i were you i would view my chances as good as anyone else, maybe some operators would look at the age factor, and the cost to them, but it can also work in your favour.

The tests are only a guide to your suitability and flying is only part of the job, no point in employing an excellent pilot if he or she cannot get on with other people and has a bad attitude, so give it a go, you won't know unless you try.

Good Luch.

kotysky
13th Sep 2011, 08:41
Hey Mark , i hope this link can help you...

www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=620&amp...type=70&gid=2134 (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=620&amp...type=70&gid=2134)

HillerBee
13th Sep 2011, 10:23
Do you speak fluent Dutch or French otherwise there are no possibilities to work in Belgium (apart from 1 off-shore operator) Obviously you need to have the right to live and work in Belgium.

I would recommend getting a FAA ATPL first, then you can 'just' take the theoretical knowledge exams without the mandatory groundschool.

After taking and passing the exams, you'll go to a FTO and the Head of Training will determine how much training you will need.

SilsoeSid
13th Sep 2011, 11:53
Any news on D&D ?

Chopter
14th Sep 2011, 05:46
Hi MarKK220,

I did my FAA to JAA ATPL conversion, take a look at LASORS, Section G 3.5, which should answer your question:ok:

Cheers.

Epiphany
14th Sep 2011, 08:36
That was the other question, "have the right to live and work in Belgium." That's a whole nuther' Google search... working on it..

Google:'have the right to live and work in USA'. It is the same thing for a Belgian. Paricularly for one who does not speak American.

HillerBee
14th Sep 2011, 09:35
If you don't have that right by marriage to a European or having a European passport yourself it's going to be impossible. Unless you have a MBA in another field and find a job in that field.

Aviation language = "English" that's correct, but within the company you speak Dutch or in a large part of the country French. Even on the radio a large part of Belgium speaks French and in France (where you will have to fly to a lot when working in Belgium only a few large airports use English (ATC that is)

So converting licenses isn't the problem . And there are hardly jobs going in Belgium anyway, even for pilots with 4000+ hours that do speak the language.

Pandalet
16th Sep 2011, 13:27
Out of interest, has anyone heard anything back from the recent Bristow ad for Aberdeen pilots?

PPI Zulu
16th Sep 2011, 22:06
Not yet.
As the auto-responder contained 'Please note, all applicants will receive a response in due course,...' and the ad has now been taken down I'm sure the paper-sift has begun, if not finished already.

jonwilson
17th Sep 2011, 20:34
Did anyone else get sent the eBook the other week from online helicopter trader which had a few jobs in the back both pilots and engineers or was I just the chosen one. Saying that I did register.

Are CHC still looking for co-jo's out of North Denes? A little while ago I thought they were scratching desperately for work.

I guess the Solent SAR Co -Pilot job has been filled?

GoodGrief
17th Sep 2011, 20:46
North Denes apparently filled from within

flyingscotty
17th Sep 2011, 21:31
I know opportunities are few & far between at the moment. But would appreciate any info reference possible FI work, even if its only a few days a week, travelling not a problem around UK & Ireland current ratings on both Robbos incl 20 hrs in 206, TT 330 hrs.

Also does anyone know of a private owner who may want to use an additional pilot??

PPI Zulu
21st Sep 2011, 13:58
Out of interest, has anyone heard anything back from the recent Bristow ad for Aberdeen pilots?

Not yet. As the auto-responder contained 'Please note, all applicants will receive a response in due course,...' and the ad has now been taken down I'm sure the paper-sift has begun, if not finished already.

Most recent email from Bristow HR says that news (good or bad) by 1 October...

PPI Zulu
21st Sep 2011, 14:05
I guess the Solent SAR Co -Pilot job has been filled?

Unsure. Both applications for North Deans and Lee SAR received an auto-responder stating [effectively] 'if you don't make the grade you won't hear from us' but then I received a 'Thanks, but no thanks' about the North Deans position(s)...

gulliBell
23rd Sep 2011, 22:13
Just to elaborate on that earlier mention of S76C++ positions in Africa via Zenon, applicants must be French fluent...

MyTarget
24th Sep 2011, 00:44
Ahhhhhh Heli-Onion then! or not?

blackbird20
26th Sep 2011, 12:15
what job offers are available for someone with 1300 hours TT.....600 HOURS MULTI-ENGINE?

PPI Zulu
30th Sep 2011, 09:39
Job Role: Helicopter Pilot
Company: Bristow Helicopters Ltd
Salary:
Posted Date: 29 September 2011 16:46:46
Licensed Pilots
Focus on the client - Focus on Value

Epiphany,

Where did you find this ad? I can't find it on their website (http://www.bristowgroup.com/careers/positions.php)...:confused:

Zulu

PPI Zulu
30th Sep 2011, 10:08
Thanks,

I love Flight Global - their automatic email-me-jobs thingy is working a treat..:(

Epiphany
30th Sep 2011, 11:26
Yes. Even though I specified helicopter pilot only I seem to get 3 or 4 per day for B737 positions in Korea or Sheet Metal workers in USA. It needs some tweaking I think.

PPI Zulu
30th Sep 2011, 15:53
Epiphany,

Are you looking for a job? If so, have you seen the 'Future Opportunities Australia' jobs on the CHC website (http://www.chc.ca/Careers/ViewCareerOpportunities/Pages/default.aspx)?

Job Title: Future Opportunities - Offshore and Onshore Pilot(s) - Australia Job Type: Permanent Location: Australia, Western Australia

The Bristows post on Flight Global has been removed already...

Epiphany
1st Oct 2011, 04:26
Not at the moment PPI but who knows in this industry. Show me a pilot who does not open 'Flight' from the back page. :)

TroyTempest
1st Oct 2011, 09:53
Why are Bristow advertising for pilots in the UK? Didn't their new office boss get rid of 'surplus' pilots a few months ago.

PPI Zulu
1st Oct 2011, 10:40
Why are Bristow advertising for pilots in the UK? Didn't their new office boss get rid of 'surplus' pilots a few months ago. I respectfully refer the learned gentleperson to posts #1068 (http://www.pprune.org/6677018-post1068.html), #1069 (http://www.pprune.org/6677038-post1069.html) and #1070 (http://www.pprune.org/6677043-post1070.html).

I'm not sure why the most recent post on Flight Global (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/default.aspx) went up and came down so quickly.

PPI Zulu
5th Oct 2011, 08:21
I'm not sure why the most recent post on Flight Global went up and came down so quickly.

Advert is now in Flight International (4-10 October), page 62.

It was deleted by the poster for his own reasons: it was not moderated.

Splot

Tango123
5th Oct 2011, 12:19
Just got an email from chc:

Thank you for your interest in SAR Co Pilot.

While we were impressed with your background and experience, we have elected to interview other candidates whose qualifications and experience more closely meet the requirements of the position. Therefore, we will not be pursuing your application any further at this time.

But then again, I dont have the AW139 TR......

:ok:

zlocko2002
6th Oct 2011, 19:18
Does anybody know where could I find contacts and info for Mi-17 jobs in Afghanistan?

piggybank
6th Oct 2011, 22:26
Try the website jsfirm.com plenty of jobs like that and links to companies. However, from reading the adverts US citizens are preferred even with considerably less experience than non US citizens.

bigglesbutler
7th Oct 2011, 10:42
For those who have applied to Bristow UK the ABZ Chief pilot was going through cv's this week so there is a process happening. As with many large companies it just takes a bit of time, good luck and possibly see you in ABZ soon if you are successful.

Si

blackbird20
7th Oct 2011, 10:57
yes, probably we will meet there..or not. I have ATPL, ME, IR, 1200 TT.....dont know if i fit into that group of unexperienced or experienced pilots they want to create

IogurteDanone
7th Oct 2011, 12:03
Tens razao blackbird...

Thats a good point... what do they mean by unexperienced pilots... low timers?? pilot that have just finished the CPL ?? or pilots that are not experiencied enough to be captains? or maybe they want a new fresh wave of first officers without any bad habits...

i have less then 400h IR ME ...

There is something that i would like to clarify, what do they mean by :

"Please note applications will only be considered from those who are eligible to remain and work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide evidence of this at interview stage.
"

Is this any type of document?? For those who are not in the UK or neither have english nacionality what this means?? I am european, do i need to go to a embassy to ask by this???

zlocko2002
7th Oct 2011, 14:09
i checked those jobs at jsfirm.com
they are only for us citizens :mad:

bigglesbutler
7th Oct 2011, 16:38
I think they mean the right to live and work here, so there is no visa issues, also a good level of English I expect.

Si

Jetboxer
7th Oct 2011, 17:50
Bristow recruiting again in Aberdeen?

That must mean redundancies should be expected in six months or so?

Has Imlach moved on?

Have the Ops managers, Chief pilots, Bristow Balpa grown some balls..... in order to take care of their crew.......finally?

Or is it still every man for themselves, when the chips are down?

Nl_lynx
7th Oct 2011, 20:38
It seems like the big companies are only hiring near-astronauts as new pilots! After the many polite "we regret to inform you that we will not blablabla" I am wondering what it needs to hired somewhere in Europe?

I have 2000+ hrs, netherlands navy, mostly offshore hours, experienced in SAR, deck landings, specials ops, counter piracy etc...
Currently flying on the NH90 NFH (naval version, 11tons) as a TRI, current CPL IR FI but no rating on a commercial type, which is part of the catch 22: no job without type rating, no type rating without job :(
So direct-entry captain is impossible because of the missing required type rating, and even for a copilot position "no joy".

Quite frustrating!
Any tips?

zlocko2002
7th Oct 2011, 20:51
what would you say if you were in my position:
- i am doing almost same job (but on Mi-17)
- have experience from Afghanistan
but for my CAA I am not a pilot, I had to pay everything from my own pocket, so ended up with CPL only, no IFR, no ATPL(h), it was impossible for me to pay for that...
:mad:
in next life I want to be a plumber :E

Jet Ranger
7th Oct 2011, 20:56
@Nl lynx

Unbelievable. Really.

blackbird20
7th Oct 2011, 20:58
You have a impressive experience and all it takes for a job. I could say the same. I´ve been in the AIR FORCE the past 8 years mostly doing SAR in the middle of the atlantic with very agressive weather. Long line, off-shore, tactical air support. AW-101, SA-330.

Anyway, the fact is that the civilian TR is fundamental. A few years ago, the companies would have hired you with no TR due to the lack of rated Captains.

At this time, there are some captains with 3000 TT and AW139/S76/AS332 etc.....

I´m rated in AW101....and it is not a passport to a job..but if i was rated in Aw139... Welcome to our company!!!!!

PPI Zulu
7th Oct 2011, 21:07
It seems like the big companies are only hiring near-astronauts as new pilots!
Quite frustrating!

Nl_lynx,

You are not alone my friend. It's happening right across the board here in the UK and undoubtedly across Europe from what you say.

The 'long and the short of it' (British idiom): 'Astronauts' are cheap because they require little training. If the 'Astronaut' in question already works for your company - even better. It's, currently, all about cheap and you can blame sub-prime mortgages, Greece...blah...

The other thing that's going on here at the moment is that really low timers are getting the nod - 2 to 400hr guys with only the twin hours they gained on the ME IR course. Their salary is cheap, they're happy just to have the job, they won't move on quickly, they won't move up quickly...

There's a lot of us in the same boat; JAR-FCL, 3000hrs, heavy, medium, light, ME, IR, MCC - I never thought I'd find myself over-qualified in this field but it's happening...:ugh:

bigglesbutler
7th Oct 2011, 21:08
Quite frustrating!
Any tips?

Nope sorry, I am only a simple line pilot but still remember what it was like waiting for my first job interview etc and was hoping to help, I don't know any more than I have said sorry.

The problem for a commercial company is they simply don't want to pay for the type rating if they don't have to. The cost isn't just the pilot to be trained but the trainer and aircraft/simulator, and when all pilots are working flat out it gets tricky to roster people for training AND line flying. If there are type rated pilots who need minimum work they will simply go for them, but even having the type rating won't guarantee the job.

My only advice, and it sounds weak I know, is chin up and keep trying.

Good luck

Si

Helinut
7th Oct 2011, 21:19
Welcome to the civi world.

What matters - cash!

If there is a cheaper way of doing it, then that is what happens.........

zlocko2002
8th Oct 2011, 08:34
Licensed pilots... how many un-licensed pilots do you know?

actualy a lot! :8

in my country government and CAA are doeing their best to prevent military pilots from getting any licence :ugh:

helijobs.net
8th Oct 2011, 11:20
The last Bristow Group ad seems to me more of a survey on what is out there. CHC has had a job ad out on their web site for a long time wanting to recruit captains for "upcoming" international touring positions.

Only a few companies wants to pay for a complete type rating for pilots. It is much better to do it the Ryanair-way. Unfortunately for them the need for helicopter pilots has been on the rise for a long time and it is not going to slow down just yet.

Jet Ranger
8th Oct 2011, 11:24
There is a lot of young guys in the world, with 1000 h total, with IR-H, with type ratings and lot of off-shore experience on S-92A or EC-225 :E . When you have that, you dont look for job, you have a job!

Today, you have to born with EC225 type rating if you want to be a pilot in some big company! If you have flown for example Bell 412 or EC 135 somewhere in mountains, you are nothing but **** :D

wingnut193
8th Oct 2011, 18:48
I also got the thanks but no thanks email from Bristow on Friday. Last week I received an email saying we are going to recruit a mix of experienced and inexperienced pilots. I wonder what is ment by inexperienced.

I have 750 TT, 50 twin and an IR from Bristow Academy and still no luck.

I'll keep smiling and keep trying.

Jet Ranger
8th Oct 2011, 21:14
If you didnt get "no thanks" e-mail on friday, maybe they consider to invite you on interview ...

MartinCh
9th Oct 2011, 05:00
wingnut193,
care to give brief split of your TT, i.e. instruction/charter/renting?
Geez. If you did IR with Bristow, they 'know you', that time, yet no thanks? Is it just the sign of times?

The job market for fresh CPL holders in Europe, even guys/gals with couple hundred hours more, is ridiculous. I wish I were born in some Asian country where I'd get sponsored for training and cojoe job.

EESDL
9th Oct 2011, 12:26
I know and appreciate that job hunting with a licence ready for use can be very frustrating and any 'snippet' of info might seem to be helpful and jumped upon but I would like to make a polite request in an effort to maintain the validity of this thread........can we restrict postings to job postings/heads-up of jobs etc? Feel free to PM or set-up another thread for other info or displays of frustration.......please?

Eket
20th Oct 2011, 22:14
Anyone looking for structure tech , 27 years sheetmetal work on everything from 707 to 767 , A300 to A340 . DC-6,8,9,10 , MD80,11 ..... Bell , Sikorsky , Eurocopter , Bolkow , warbirds and light aircraft .

Need a change . Currantly a shift/shop supervisor for a major European Airline .

Will supply CV on request . Looking to get back into Heli's .

carsickpuppy
24th Oct 2011, 16:49
I did find a phone number for "Rotech Oil Limited", the chap at the other end seemed vague when I called.
+23446872913 if anyone else would care to give them a shot.

hueyracer
26th Oct 2011, 05:52
The website looks very unprofessional....no real impressum...

Prefer Bell 407,212,206 or Eurocopter EC135 experience
Previous Bell 204 experience, helicopter ATP rating, NVG experience, SPIFR experience, and helicopter EMS experience are a plus.

That "fleet" just looks a little bit too much "mixed"....
Single Engine/Twin Engine....Light/Medium Helicopter.....Bell/Eurocopter...NVG AND HEMS......:ugh:

My advice: Stay away from them.....

212man
26th Oct 2011, 09:04
Complete scam - stay away!

There are very few oil and gas companies with their own flight departments, and you will probably have heard of them!

Also, the phone code is Onitsha and not Warri (though at least it's not a mobile number as is often the case!)

allwaysworking
27th Oct 2011, 22:18
With the demise of Fast at Thruxton and the problems at Cabair FI's may want to call EBG at Redhill as they are looking and very busy - Keep Flying :O

JBKD
29th Oct 2011, 11:25
Recession for low timers ...
:(

Seymour Belvoir
29th Oct 2011, 13:03
Has anyone who submitted an online application for the recent Bristow's jobs had any positive feedback from them yet?

blackbird20
29th Oct 2011, 16:57
I did. still waiting for an answer

Big-Windy
31st Oct 2011, 13:30
Rumour has it they're still doing some sifting and sorting. I think the original time frame has gone out of the window and it could be a couple of weeks yet.

blackbird20
31st Oct 2011, 14:11
any ideia of the month that the selected pilots will start the contract?

Seymour Belvoir
31st Oct 2011, 21:05
Thanks for the info.

212man
31st Oct 2011, 23:22
If I received a fiver for every time I saw the word 'Bristow' with a superfluous 's' on the end, I'd be able to retire! :ugh::ugh:

Horror box
1st Nov 2011, 05:56
Come on 212Men - lighten up!:}

Seymour Belvoir
1st Nov 2011, 10:04
212 - Edited just for you. Now go and have a little lie down.

Epiphany
1st Nov 2011, 12:20
I'm with you 212. There was a time when it was important to know the name of the company you were applying for a job with.

There are a few superfluous 'S's dotted around at ABZ mind you :-)

Wizzard
1st Nov 2011, 17:11
Bristow interviewing this week - not me but I have a spy...

Wiz

Helipilot1982
2nd Nov 2011, 18:31
Rumour has it that CHC in Aberdeen are looking!!!!

Might be worth a CV asap if you have a CPL+IR :ok:

Canadian Rotorhead
7th Nov 2011, 00:34
Cougar Helicopters || A VIH Aviation Group Company (http://www.cougar.ca/hr/applications/JobListingManager/inc_joblistingmanager.asp?ItemID=2&CategoryID=116)

Cougar Helicopters || A VIH Aviation Group Company (http://www.cougar.ca/hr/applications/JobListingManager/inc_joblistingmanager.asp?ItemID=18&CategoryID=128)

pasptoo
7th Nov 2011, 09:37
CHC looking for a dozen or so S92 pilots (OnG not SAR)

Pas

choppertop
7th Nov 2011, 10:25
Helicopter Seychelles looking for an EASA Pt 66 full B1-bearing engineer looking for a life of turquoise ocean, coconut trees, scantily clad Creole beauties and lots of sweat on jetboxes and Agusta 109s under a new British management team? Recommendations? PM me.

helijon
7th Nov 2011, 10:55
CHC looking for a dozen or so S92 pilots (OnG not SAR)

Pas

Where can I find an ad for this?

WOMBAT45
7th Nov 2011, 13:24
I have just been called for interview for the recently advertised positions.

Been told it will involve a Sim slot and interview.

Anybody got any tips?

AlfonsoBonzo
7th Nov 2011, 16:02
lie, cheat and dont get caught.

Flight Sim is good to practise IR procedures if you need to. IQ tests and puzzles are good for the rest.

Then lie some more

Wig
8th Nov 2011, 09:55
Wombat, check your PM's.

Angut
8th Nov 2011, 10:41
Anyone besides Wombat got called or contacted for an interview? I am still waiting for an answer, which Bristow said they would give at the end of October:hmm:

Rotatohead
9th Nov 2011, 08:09
I got a form to fill out called "Further Information required for the position of Pilot2" which I returned couple of days ago. Since they are asking what my availability for an interview / selection day is, I assume they are going to invite me for one.
Any help would be appreciated regarding the interview process.
Thanks!

Angut
9th Nov 2011, 09:35
I am jealous:ok:

blackbird20
9th Nov 2011, 12:12
I got the same "further questions form..." and sent back a few days ago. I assume that for the moment they are only inviting for interview those who have more experience....what experience do you have(rotatohead)?

Epiphany
9th Nov 2011, 19:33
I am still waiting for an answer, which Bristow said they would give at the end of October

Welcome to the helicopter industry. Being lied to and messed around is something that you will get used to.

Angut
9th Nov 2011, 21:12
Awesome:ugh:

Heliricky
9th Nov 2011, 23:27
Hi Guys,
some informations about Aerogulf?
salary, roaster, hrs per mounth, huosing.......

Bye and thanks

Jet Ranger
9th Nov 2011, 23:46
Does somebody know something about CHC Norway, it was some tender 2 months ago, did they took somebody? What about that ...

helijon
10th Nov 2011, 01:41
Does somebody know something about CHC Norway, it was some tender 2 months ago, did they took somebody? What about that ...

Indeed... They took 12 for an interview, and offered 3 of them a job. Total of 270 applicants...

JulieAndrews
10th Nov 2011, 15:49
Blackbird 20
I think you'll find that Bristow might not be looking for experienced pilots but co-jos to fill LHS at min cost?
Having no experience could be an advantage!
Those pilots with experience and appropriate salary will be the ones disadvantaged..............
I also got the request for 'more info' but will have priced myself out of a seat.
Aberdeen is not cheap!!
:)

Humane Maverick
10th Nov 2011, 23:21
Hello from Spain, I'm new in this forum but not in the business.

I just wonder how is possible that so many people are eager in finding a job and, for instance, Inaer is posting three vacancies of SAR captain since last year and still not covered.

Greetings!

VFRIFR
11th Nov 2011, 06:51
Maybe that's because most of us out here don't have the JAA driver's license.:ugh:

By the way, anybody know of an AW139 Touring Captain's job with CHC?

IntheTin
11th Nov 2011, 08:53
CHC might know :E

Epiphany
11th Nov 2011, 09:15
They also look for initiative. You might try looking at the CHC careers page.

carsickpuppy
11th Nov 2011, 13:33
Good for HS :ok:, between you and your competition staying busy, it shows that during these "hard times" the upper crust (that 1%?) can still afford those 4000 Euro-per-night resorts and the heli ride to get there!
Meanwhile whole countries are within a breath of going bankrupt.

Peter PanPan
14th Nov 2011, 09:09
A friend of mine is looking into a 76 PIC gig through March Aviation in the UK, he draw my attention to their website, which to say the least is a little tacky, are these folks a legit outfit?:eek:

S76driver
14th Nov 2011, 21:09
CHC Global have been recruiting for AW139 touring positions for a few months now. I did hear that they were sorted for this year.

212man
15th Nov 2011, 06:35
One for the engineers...

Licensed Aircraft Engineer B1 - 1401299809 - Flightglobal Jobs (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/licensed-aircraft-engineer-b1-brunei-1401299809.htm)

angel of the north
15th Nov 2011, 14:54
Just thought I would share (as i always do) that my mate just told me FlightSafety are looking for an S92 instructor. They dont have to be typed but need multi crew hours (over 1000) ... spread the word... times like these its worth sharing good news..

Plain Torque
16th Nov 2011, 17:05
NHV is looking for three (3) First Officersfor our Business Unit Special Projects.

Our existing operations within the BU Special Projects are located in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ghana and French Guiana.

In case you have the required competences, knowledge & experience, and you are
interested in the position of First Officer, we would like to ask you to complete your profile in our database. Do not forget to add a copy of your JAR CPL license, medical certificate and a motivation letter before the end of November 2011.

In order to be considered a suitable candidate you need following requirements:

- valid JAR CPL (H) license with Type rating AS365 N3
- valid JAR Class 1 medical
- valid IR (H) Multi Engine
- Offshore experience
- 500 flying hours on rotary wing
- English proficiency (minimum level 4)

Make sure your profile in our database is completed. This enlarges the chance to be selected.

Please find enclosed the job description. You can apply by replying to this email.

We are looking forward to reading from you.

paulosaints
16th Nov 2011, 19:41
From where do you saw that??

longtime lurker
16th Nov 2011, 21:08
That is an NHV email, rather than a website posting - I received the same having previously been in contact with them.

EESDL
17th Nov 2011, 13:42
Can't be many such experienced pilots left - unless HeliUnion close down?

Flyting
23rd Nov 2011, 08:13
On-shore/corporate experience preferred but off-shore experienced pilots will also be considered
:D:D:D
finally.....the flip side of the coin appears :E

Humane Maverick
23rd Nov 2011, 08:42
Hi,

I have tried to apply in their website but (apart from the fact that is not a very friendly web), it has been impossible, even to know the email adress.

Any help, please?

Thanks.

Humane Maverick
23rd Nov 2011, 08:47
Hello, I´m one of those to whom Bristow sent a hopeful email requiring some information before an interview could be held...and I sent that email, with no news until now.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of "delay" into the process, or maybe I just have to forget about the whole issue...please, some information would be granted.

Thanks.

Rotatohead
23rd Nov 2011, 08:54
Same here. Sent the form back and haven't heard from them since.

Pandalet
23rd Nov 2011, 08:57
Just had some info via a friend, who was informed by someone very senior in Bristow that Bristow will not hire pilots with less than 500 hours ME time unless they did an integrated CPL at Bristow Academy. Apparently this is due to customer experience requirements.

JulieAndrews
23rd Nov 2011, 09:52
HM, for fear of sounding a pompous as5, took 7.6secs to get email off www.
[email protected]

good luck with application!

or try through flightglobal.com ?

This appears a regular pilot requirement.........anyone know latest reason for vacancy or are they expanding again?
2-weeks on, 1-off would mean more like 2-weeks on, 5-days off unless you live local?

101BOY
23rd Nov 2011, 15:40
Yes it does appear to be a fairly regular job vacancy - read into that what you will. Last pilot was dismissed last week from what I hear on the grapevine. If you do a search on PPRuNe you'll find plenty on the operator.

212man
25th Nov 2011, 02:40
Job reference: BIAGL/24/11/1

That'll be Nigeria then :ok:

GoodGrief
25th Nov 2011, 12:29
How do you get into offshore business without having offshore time?

Canadian Rotorhead
25th Nov 2011, 12:40
Many folks have gained time in undesirable locales (malaria zones) gaining PIC under supervision time offshore. Some contracts allow waivers for pilots new to the offshore, depending on demand. Demand is growing with the aging demographics of our industry and the customers are very aware of the growing shortage.

I have a few colleagues who, due to customer contractual requirement, cannot upgrade without more multi-PIC time so they must look for work in the domestic onshore market to gain some time on a 212 or similar.

Epiphany
25th Nov 2011, 13:10
Went I worked for ADA in the 90's you didn't need any offshore time. I was soon flying single pilot Bell212 offshore in the Gulf summer (IMC) with an ADF for navigation and a map on my knee to read wellhead numbers. Steep learning curve and I even did a workover in August. I must have been effing mad.

Jet Ranger
25th Nov 2011, 14:37
What does this term "off-shore-time" exactly mean? Flying off the coast, over the sea, or strictly flying to oil&gas rigs, helidecks...in oil and gas business ?

Epiphany
25th Nov 2011, 15:12
A question that has been asked many times before Jetranger. "Offshore' is not simply flying over water.

The term is used by operators and refers specifically to time spent flying to offshore oil and gas platforms and ships. If you say that you have 'offshore' time this is what they will expect you to have.

Although the flying can get mind-numbingly boring it is a specialised type of flying and normally involves IFR procedures and approaches both onshore and offshore, is a two-crew operation, day and night in large or medium sized helicopters.

Flying a Radar Approach to a platform at night 100nm offshore in rough conditions with a low cloud base and poor vis, landing on a small deck surrounded by cranes, shuttling between platforms at 300 feet then returning to shore trying to avoid icing conditions and fly an ILS to minimums is not for the faint hearted.

All pilots new to offshore (at least in N. Europe) must fly a winter of North Sea ops before becoming eligible for Command. They are not usually expected to have any offshore time and will get plenty flying as co-pilot in their first few years (maybe 800 hours per year on busy contracts).

The reason that offshore time is required for co-pilots in the above ad for Bristow International is that most of their contracts are exploration and involve very little flying which, combined with the 4 and 4 roster (i.e. 6 months of the year off), means that you would be lucky to get 150 hours per year. As you will probably need 500 hours offshore for Command you will spend years in the LHS. Added to this is the fact that there is very little IFR or night flying on International operations as many remote areas have no approved navaids, approaches or diversions so it is not really a place for co-pilots to get experience.

Hope this helps.

BeeTee
25th Nov 2011, 20:00
A friend told me about this one in Ireland but said to speak to one of the numerous previous recent incumbents before applying and moving back from the Gulf; gather the package isn't up to much anymore under the new chief pilot. Anyone got any info (like what are their bonds like)? Keen to keep flying 76 but saw they are due to get a 139 next year.