PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

wajdute
7th Mar 2009, 17:34
I have no idea why they do not call or write us, in fact we are starting to think that it has something to do with all these cancellations until the summer, or not..well to tell the true we (and I say we because there are around 10 of us ) had thought of any possible situation of why they are not giving us any news and did not come up with any answer :{

Anyways I m planing to call them tomorrow and ask them what the hell is going on, couse that one million leters i sent them doesn't seem to get their way through ;)

So I will defenitely keep You posted :ok:

Katka Patka
7th Mar 2009, 20:56
Janneha, you might be right, but is strange, if they cant fill their classes, whey they are cancelling the AD's in some country (like mine :)), anyway, we can only guess. I hope you will all get your offers and will be in Abu Dhabi in no time.

In the mean time, some of us will be trying to get to an AD somewhere in the world.
Could you please give a phone number, so i can contact them by phone rather than writing emails, cos i may never get an answer. I am planning to go to Prague on the 6th of April, but i need to receive an invite, as the one for Bulgaria will do me no good :}
Thanks a lot!!!

BlueSkySid, i am sorry to hear you got eliminated, as you said, hopefully next time will be a lucky one.

Pitchi, there is a forum here about QR, read it true. I was about to go for an AD as well, but i put it on hold for the moment. Some of the things i read about them, as management and regulations they have doesnt really suit me. You have a curfew, women and men lives in different building, you are not allowed to have guest after 10pm, you have to stay single for the duration of the 3 years contract........stuff like this. For me, this is a bit to much involving in my personal life, especially if it doesnt affect my work performance. I do understand why they have rules like that, but i rather wait and see Etihad, and maybe wait for Emirates (i missed my Final Approval with just a little, i got redrawing email insted) before i try with QR, but that is me :)

Skywards, congrats once again. Hope to see you in Abu Dhabi (after i get true the interview ;))

TB23
7th Mar 2009, 21:46
As stated before they are still carrying on with the assessment days in Australia.... If they were canceling ADs because of the economic crisis they would cancel all - not just a select few.

Its totally different to the emirates situation. They didnt delay training for a month or 2. They just said they would contact you in around 6 months. Im not clear on how things work with their training - but i know that normally they have 2 batches going through a week. And if they only had enough ppl to do one batch a week - i think it would prove more expensive.

Etihad is saying there will be a delay. Over the coming months Melb, athens, chicago plus few others are all new destinations starting. Obviously requiring more crew. Also in the last 2 days they have been advertising ADs on other websites. So i dont think there is any reason to panic over all this.

Little_Red_Hat
8th Mar 2009, 03:36
True but Emirates still have their advertising banners on other websites, asking for crew! Really they should take them down if they have people waiting.

Not sure about EY, I know a few people who got shortlisted for Melbourne but then heardf nothing, even though the shortlist email said they would be notified either way if they were required for the AD or not. So who knows how they work either!

All you can do is wait, if you get a yes, great, if you don't... emailing them a million times probably isn't going to change the outcome. In fact, it probably ties up their people and makes things even slower! Just a thought. Send one email, and wait for a response.

I can imagine it might get very frustrating for the HR staff to log in and see 10 messages from the same person. Don't ruin your chances people by being overbearing! Patience is an asset to cabin crew, show some. I know it's hard but hang on there! :ok:

dziulik
8th Mar 2009, 10:37
Oh, i tried to call them, but today is the day off.. :ugh::ugh:So, tomorrow..:zzz:
I called to training academy, general number:8
Anybody, do you have Ryan's number?:p:p

bek_85
8th Mar 2009, 13:12
Well as previously stated the day ran exactly as thought. Well as far as the English test as thats as far as I got. I was as prepared as anyone can be, and myself and 3 other girls have no idea what they are looking for. It went from being 33 down to approx 12 or so. I definetly did not fail the english test if anything I got 100% (I am not being unrealist either). Just have no idea. Some of the people left in the room were not even dressed in a suit and there was one girl who had long hair and had it out.

Still not sure what happened today but I will not be discouraged and will apply again in 6 months.

Good luck to everyone else out there.

BlueSkySid
8th Mar 2009, 17:27
Hi bek_85

So did you attend today being sunday? I was asking everyone saturday if they were from here lol. They looked at me like wtf...?? I seriously don't know what is going on but what ever it is, it's not stopping me! I will also try again in 6 months but from what I've worked out they visit every 4 months.. so in fact I'll have to wait 8 months before I can re-apply.

barrett1987
9th Mar 2009, 00:21
Bek, i think you was sitting in front of me on Sunday. I was the English guy, number 13. I made it all the way to the end. Now i just have to get some paperwork then hear back for a final yes or no.

Once past the group stage, they reduced the numbers from 12 to 4. Was a massive cut. But once down to 4 the mood of the day changed, it got very relaxed and we were given the impression that the job was ours now aslong as medical and clearance was achieved.

As far as what they were looking for, in the group discussions they cut the folks out of my group that i expected to be cut. Read emirates thread for group discussion tips. As to the english test cut, i really have no idea.

pm me if you want more info.

janneha
9th Mar 2009, 07:15
:oh:
I am quite shocked that they let only 4 people get through. About 25 of us got through at the london assessment and 72 to start with. Am sure they must get more applications from australia.

hmmmm.....

TB23
9th Mar 2009, 10:26
Remember that they are going to 3 different cities in Australia....
When they came to London people were coming from Leeds, newcastle and so on... So for them to get in down to a few people is perfect fine. We don't want to over anaylse things.

I would be interested in the time frame they gave the Aussie interviewed people?!?

barrett1987
9th Mar 2009, 12:16
Isn't London's pop equal or greater than all of Australian cities combined? Just a thought.

The recruitment lady did warn that it could be as late as September start date for us. They made it clear. There is a chance of earlier of course but they wanted us to know that very clearly.

janneha
9th Mar 2009, 14:36
SEPTEMBER!!!!!

oh noooooo:sad:

cosmopolita
9th Mar 2009, 15:54
Hi, guys!

All AD in Brazil are temporarily Cancelled . I'm very sad now. I just read the email fowarded from Brazilian Agency:

..."With deep regret; I would like to inform you that our upcoming assessments in Sao Paulo on the 25th &26th and Porto Alegre on the 28th &29th March are now cancelled. This is due to business restrictions that have been placed effectively immediately.At the moment, we do not have any other schedule to go to Brazil yet. We will keep you posted once we have received information of any kind."...
..."Many thanks and kind regards,
Cherry Ann Salamat
Recruitment Officer

Etihad Airways
Cabin Crew Recruitment

EtihadAcademy
Khalifa City/ P.O.Box 35566
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates".

That's all folks!

KEFREN82
9th Mar 2009, 17:24
I am sad too, I participate to the assessment day in Italy 14th february. I passed everything and i received the "happy to inform you" e-mail. Now I am waiting like everybody, and I hope the crisis will finish soon.

I want to bring you some optimism, we need it, so I'll post this article here, of today, saying that Etihad is going to grow 5% per year and it is not very affected by the crisis.

I hope it is going to go like this, and, as we all know, this situation should change, we pray for that.

http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/2009/3/Pages/03092009_085f8283c9bf4503979bbbba6d5e83ea.aspx

Pitchi
9th Mar 2009, 18:00
Hey, guys!

Well, I'm not shocked anymore, but disapponted, of course. Anyway, we'll have to wait and, according with the letter they sent to the brazilan agent, the problem is the economic crisis. I guess they didn't cancel australian events cause they are already operating that destination, EY is not flying to Brazil yet! I guess they decided to pospose it because of the crisis, therefore cancel the AS, I don't know.

Dziulik,
where did you read they had cancelled the trainning from APR to JUN? :confused:
Janneha,
sorry to tell you, but, as they right to the Brazilian agent, here, in Brazil, they got a very nice group. They excused about the cancellation and are very embarressad about it, as they wrotte. :{
Katka Patka,
I joinned the QR forum and got information about the company, they are very strict and seletives, indeed, thanks for telling me about that, but I'm going to try anyway, to get experience :rolleyes: I'll keep confident about EY: things will come back to normal, all we can do is wait :ok:

Good luck to all of us :)

dziulik
9th Mar 2009, 22:08
Pitchi,

I've read it in other forum.
The girl said like this:
Hey,
I got offered the job in Jan this year and my start date was the 26th of April however they called me yesterday and told me I will have to wait till June to start because they have no more courses from mid April to june.... Have you received and signed your contract yet????? they are going to contact me next week and confirm my start date... I hope to see you in Abu Dhabi...

Posted: 04 March 2009 at 11:26am

Skywards
9th Mar 2009, 22:12
TB23: At the Sydney assesment day they gave us a timeframe as to when we would hear back from them, but not how long it would be till we start if we get through. They said usually they contact you within 48 hours to tell you if they are proceeding, but that because they are going to Melb, Perth and the back to Abu Dhabi it won't be until a couple of weeks before we hear from them. But nothing was said about potential start dates-and stupidly none of us asked! I was so excited about getting through the day that I forgot about the damn crisis for a moment!

Pitchi
9th Mar 2009, 22:54
Dziulik

thanks for the answer :ok:
Once again, all we can do is wait :{

yucyme
10th Mar 2009, 07:52
:(Hello all,
this might be old news, but I thought you wanted to know,
I just got off the phone with training academy (follow up after 3 weeks since "happy to inform you" e-mail)
and they told me all applications are on hold and no training until september.
Reason given was arrival of new aircraft.
Let's hope so.

janneha
10th Mar 2009, 09:15
did they say there is absolutely nothing before september? I cant call because my 3 weeks is not up yet. I guess there is no need now. I suppose its official now that they have been hit by the crisis.

I tired to desperately clutch at straws of hope but to no avail. Should we prepare ourselves for withdrawal emails???:sad:

KEFREN82
10th Mar 2009, 10:01
Mellymoo

yes, sure, I posted the link yesterday about the growth of 5% of Etihad every year. I wanted to post it to bring a bit of optimism among us everybody. Bye

mellymoo
10th Mar 2009, 10:42
sorry didnt realise you had already posted it.. I agree we should have some optimism lets see what happens - Abu Dhabi is in a prime position with having oil and wealth, they are bailing out EK at the moment and DUbai its in all the newspapers in UK!! Fingers crossed everyone xx

janneha
10th Mar 2009, 11:08
really !!! OMG
What papers? Well, to be fair i only read metro. I didn't realise they were bailing them out.

But why all the mixed messages then???

Anyway it seems that all the DEC and JAN recruits are safely joining from now until early april. We'll see what happens for the FEB and MAR recruits (us!!!)

wajdute
10th Mar 2009, 11:30
That is so damn sad :{ I can not believe it!!! hate that things like that happen.:ugh:

Well not sure if all from January are starting from April, because I was one of 11 in our group who got to final interwiev and happy to inform you mails, but nothing since when, and it has been 6 weeks now:(

No one is talking to us, No emails were answered, i try to get in contact with my admin, but she is not picking up the phone...and so on... we are still waiting, and i guess that we are late to this boat leaving in april :( so sad to know that we have to wait until autumn...:{ I am not even sure if I am this patient!!!!:confused::confused:

barrett1987
10th Mar 2009, 11:45
having to wait till September isn't so bad aslong as you know you have the job.

If you wait till say June then get withdrawn....now that would blow. But wait 4-5 months then starting isn't the end of the world...as long as you do infact start.

I still need to get my paperwork done and the happy to inform you first...then the medical and clearance checks....THEN ill get a start date (prolly around sept) then ill relax, enjoy myself till then.

it is hard to relax knowing how emmirates just pulled the plug on people...hope etihad dont do this.

koppe
10th Mar 2009, 13:05
:ugh: this situation s..! if people that got through assessments are probably joining only in sptember it means the people going thru now will join at the end of the year and next year.. and they will reschedule the assess day in brazil in ..???.. :{ i guess it might be quicker going thru assess with emirates again..:ooh: bloddy h..! hehe!:p anyway ive got a broken ligament.. ill need the rest! good luck to you guys! i hope you get in asap!:ok:

dziulik
10th Mar 2009, 13:22
Does anybody know, if it's allowed to take a dog to abu dhabi or not?:D

janneha
10th Mar 2009, 13:32
very latest update.....september start is official i suppose although the excuse is not quite plausible. I think that we should be grateful that we have a job offer. And pray to god that they don't do an emirates. Otherwise, all we can do now is be patient, find something to do in the mean time and hope for the very best.

CabinCrew.com: ETIHAD Interviews and Advice (http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/forum_posts.asp?TID=6034&PN=145)

If there are any current etihad cabin crew members reading this: we would be very grateful for some information.

Cheers

Jaad
10th Mar 2009, 13:59
Hi everyone,

The "happy to inform you" email doesn't actually mean you've got the job.. They can probably still say no, right? :ugh:

At this point, we are happy to inform you that we will continue to process your application for all the necessary clearances and approvals.
Because we are not presently offering you employment, do not resign from your current job until you have received, reviewed, signed, and returned an offer of employment to Etihad Airways.

I can't wait to gooooooooo :{

mellymoo
10th Mar 2009, 14:01
Normally, you cant take animals into crew accommodation. Also, you will have to find Kennels or boarding houses which is incredibly hard as animals are not kept as pets in the UAE, they are looked as being haram - If a dog licks as am uslim they are meant to wash themselves 7 times. I dont know how true that is but that was what I was told x good luck

durancabano
10th Mar 2009, 14:04
Hi.
Im the guy mellyloo is talking about that left for South Africa. I did my Assessment day on the 16th of February at Heathrow with mellymoo. They sent me the e-mail letting me know that I was a suitable candidate on the 19th of February and will be doing my security check and reference check now. I sent Kimberley a e-mail and she told me this could take up to 3 weeks and I should contact her if I dont hear anything in 3 weeks. This thursday will be 3 weeks so then ill e-mail her again.
Getting to the same point as mellymoo - I dont understand why they would recruit people in February and only start in September with the training. That seems senseless.:confused: Why would they do this?? Has anybody been contacted that did the assessment day on the 16th of Feb at Heathrow about their clearance or the joining date?? Please if anybody knows anything let me know.
Loves
durancabano

mellymoo
10th Mar 2009, 14:07
yes it is true they can always pull the rug under your feet by not passing the security clearances etc I doubt it though.

Thanks for the Cabincrew.com, to read other peoples views regarding what is happening. I suppose what they are doing is waiting for people to reply and then give you a training date for the next available date. I know they are doing 2 AB a week, I know with EK, at one stage they were doing about 4 ab intios a week, 2 classes in the morning and 2 in the evening. Lets see maybe Etihad will do that. Did see that they have recruitment date for Eastern Europe for April time??!!

TB23
10th Mar 2009, 14:48
I called up recruitment today. They were really friendly. It took a while to get through to the right person.

The good news was my security clearance had been approved. The bad news was that it is now on hold. She said that emails will be sent out when new training dates were known. But august/ September was mentioned.

Also the last training starts the 28th of march. Obviously people who have already done the medicals and so on were priorities to get on these courses.

I would assume people who haven't done there medicals this far will have to wait.

So I guess it is all about waiting. I'm glad to know that my security clearance is fine - but not so good to know we might have to wait til september.

mellymoo
10th Mar 2009, 15:12
Well I think ur email explains quite alot. Its a bit worrying though, why its been put on hold and that they have loads of recruitment days coming up. I do hope this isnt going to be another EK situation.

August/ September is a very long way away!! if that makes sense?!! Thats nearly 6 to 7 months after the AD. Sorry to be a pain - what was their reasons for such a long time frame of waiting?? I know that they are still doing training till May? vERY STRANGE ,,,,,:ugh:

janneha
10th Mar 2009, 16:07
correction....should be grateful that we got the 'happy to inform' email and not a job offer!

Thats the thing though......that nothing nasty creeps up in the 5 months that we have to wait. In that case we could be easily discarded. No questions asked!!

Thanks for the info TB23. I ve sent you a PM

janneha
10th Mar 2009, 16:36
am with you mellymoo,

its so hard to get a decent job right now in uk as well. There is an emirates crew thread but none whatsoever for etihad crew. Summer is the busiest flying month out of the UAE. Who knows, maybe they'll be swamped during the summer season and then get us earlier start dates!!!!!

so we might just have a pleasant surprise.............dat would be awesome

yucyme
11th Mar 2009, 01:17
I was asked to post my expirience with recent AD in NYC.
so here it goes guys and don't lose hope!

well, I am pleased to say that I made it through all stages, there was 6 of us left at the end. If you want to know how I did it, I have NO idea. Could have been luck, could have been anything that I wasn't even aware of doing :)
Anyways, I am really happy.The day was really interesting, although nerve wrecking!!!
Let me just say I was SOOOO DAMN HARD to part withfolks not making it through the next stage so I had to cope with that too, along with concentrating on moving on with the next stage.
I will miss you guys

The next stage:
We filled the front row, (there was literally just enough of us to fill the front row) and we were each given a subject to talk about.We had one minute to think about it and one minute to talk about it, non-stop. The subjects were random, some of them were "describe your perfect day","describe your perfect vacation","what is your dream job, besides cabin crew", "describe your childhood hero","describe your perfect house"....So one by one, we picked a paper, and stepped out in front of everybody and talked about it while they were timing us.
After that was done, we put the chairs in the circle and got a group exercise.
It was a situation where we are at the deserted island and in immediate danger. In the bunker was a doctor, a scientist, pregnant woman, teenage girl, bicycle courier, a priest,millionaire, policeman, elderly person, total of 11 , I can't remember the rest. There was eleven of us and each one was "representing" one of the people in the bunker so we had to argument why should that person stay in the bunker. And finally, we had to decide as a group which 3 people should stay alive and why. So we were given 15 minutes and we just started talking about it, like the recruiters were not in the room. The recruiters, however, were making circles around us and watching us. So I guess it was important NOT to interrupt anybody,and to let everybody talk, however, you needed to make at least one important point,not to be pushy, and think of your team (that was at least what I tried to do, don't know if that is key, but it worked).
After that, we were provided delicious buffet-type lunch right in the next room. There were drinks and all, very nice.
The recruiters told us they can't join us cause they are going to be making a decision about overall performance on the previous exercise and prepare for the final elimination point. They just took their food and left, however one by one they randomly waked in and out for drinks and stuff.
There was enough of us to sit in two tables only, which we decided to push together. We got the chance to talk and get to know each other better, truly all of us were super-friendly and unique in our own way. I will always remember that lunch.
We even took pictures.
After an hour we came back in and all you could hope for is to hear your name. At the end there were 6 of us, so we got warm congrats, said goodbye to people that were leaving (this was very difficult too) and after they left, the recruiters told us to relax, cause we made it, and there is nothing else to worry about :))))))
After that we filled out some forms, handed out ALL the papers asked for on the invitation letter, and full length pic, and three more passport pics, and had a one-to-one almost an hour talk with the recruiter.
Mine asked me questions about my background, and couple more random things, some questions about customer service, it was really just to get to know me better, personally. Checked I have all the papers they wanted and took letters of reference (apparently these were important to them).Also, any specific questions I had were answered.
So finally, we all shook hands and thanked each other, exchanged emails and left.
Follow up e-mail came quite quick but application on hold until September, and that is the last thing I know for now.:{
Hugs everyone!

durancabano
11th Mar 2009, 08:26
Hi Mellymoo.
I've got a friend that works as Cabin Crew at Etihad. I told him our story and what everybody is saying. He told me they have training every week, two new groups every week. He told me that I should'nt worry and as soon as everything is approved i'll be on my way to Abu Dhabi. He told me to relax. Now I dont know what to believe???..:ugh:

mellymoo
11th Mar 2009, 08:35
Thanks for the phonecall yesterday.

This is all very confusing as everyone is saying something different. All the people just interviewed did you write you could start asap?? I am just wondering how they will work it.

DC let me know if you hear anymore from ur inside contact. I am off to dentist later for filling so will chat soon xxx:ouch:

durancabano
11th Mar 2009, 09:09
Hey Mellymoo.
I did e-mail him and am just awaiting his reply.
I told him about all the rumours and asked him to plz find out.
Hopefully something positive:)
Chat later sexy
DC

Natalie-Ria
11th Mar 2009, 15:04
Hey mellymoo

I was at LHR 16th feb interview and i wrote that i could start asap. In my final interview she told me that she would be looking for me to start in april whereas others were told the month of may so looks like we have all been getting mixed messages. I wouldn't mind waiting till september if they garanteed us with jobs but you never know, what happens if we wait till sep and they turn round and do an 'emirates'? Think i'm going to also look at other airlines now starting to think i shouldn't have turned down gulf lol ;) they have already shipped out most of their crew from the jan interview.:bored:

KEFREN82
11th Mar 2009, 22:13
Hi! I sent an e-mail to my recruiter, she was so speed and she was very kind...she told me that have been changes to the training schedule. They are finalizing course dates and when they know, surely we will be informed.

She didn't mention neither july or september, no dates.

I appreciated her words and kindness very much.

Just wait to join Etihad as we all know... Bye

Jojolyna24
11th Mar 2009, 22:25
Hello guys!I just want to say that I'm in the same boat with all of you.I have passed all the selections with Ethiad in Milan on February 14th and after the ”happy to inform you email” no other news...:{ I hope that they will make us know something among a few days

EYner
12th Mar 2009, 04:34
Hey guys,

I am currently working for Etihad as a flight attendant, there are many batches coming everyweek, and the reason they might have changed the training schedule is just because of the delay of some aircrafts, we supposed to received aircrafts but there is a delay, that's why they cancelled the lagos flight this month, however, etihad is not changing the tarining schedule because of the economic crisi but just because of Boieng and Airbus have delayed their delivery, so whoever passed the final interview and got his happy email, you will be here ;) ... one year back it happened to me. I resigned from my previous airline but afterward i was shoked when Etihad put me on hold, almost for 3 months but for different reasons. I was stressed, the fact i rsigned and without any job and without any medical cover. But look at me here I am hehehehe, so Etihad are not doing another Emirates, they just need to get those damn Aircraft ;) ... Look at the recruitment schedule ! they need many poeple .. and we almost open new destination every two months, next year it's gonnna better since we are planning to open many destinations, many !!!! so guys, just be patients and try to call your recruiters and ask proper questions. Good luck guys and see you here ;)

Cheers.

twinangels
12th Mar 2009, 07:25
hey guys, im an excrew of EY.. I got pregnant so I resigned.. Im trying to reapply but they dont want to take me back.. huhuhuhu.. :{ would u know any other airline hiring right now?

durancabano
12th Mar 2009, 13:30
Today has been 3 weeks since I got the e-mail stating that I am a suitable candidate. I e-mailed Kimberley (senior recruitment officer) this morning and she replied by saying:
As you may have heard there have been some changes to the training schedule for 2009. At this time the EY team is still confirming the schedule for course dates.
Once this has been agreed we will contact you regarding the next steps of the joining process together with an anticipated joining date.
Please be assured that your application is important to us and we will endeavour to get information to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience at this time.
What EYner is saying could be the case but who really knows.:uhoh:
We will just have to wait and see.
DC

mellymoo
12th Mar 2009, 14:11
:ugh:Well done DC I think maybe it might be best to give me Kims email as Alena hasnt written back. I suppose its put u a little at ease but still a waiting game!!

Went to see if I can get some temping work. Glad to know Etihad is awaiting aircraft however I wonder how long it will take for delivery I know in EK when its cause of financial woes (Airbus (is lways late) & Boeing (finacial crisis US) it can take awhile unless they rent from EK for the time being or Singapore which they sometimes do?!:D

Yvette8610
12th Mar 2009, 18:07
Hello guys,

Have you noticed that some other AD locations are disappeared from their site? (for instance Germany..) I suppose it means that those are canceled, as well.:hmm:..or am I wrong?:oh:

KEFREN82
12th Mar 2009, 19:47
yes, they cancelled a lot of assessments, it just means that Etihad is very serious and, as they are changing their needs they do not maintain all those days on the website.

Just wait, and we will see when we are going to join Etihad. Hope sooooon!

97totel
13th Mar 2009, 02:01
Confusion, rumours & disappointment, welcome to working in the gulf.

Having lived in the Gulf for over 2 years, I can tell you some of you are going to get a real shock. Make sure you do your research, study the Middle East section on this site for some real tips.

Good luck ;)

Skywards
13th Mar 2009, 02:33
Thanks for the advice 97totel, its always good to have someone who is actually in amongst it to give us advice. However, I don't like the insinuation that any of us would come into this so carefree that they haven't done research into it. I would be truly amazed if anybody on this forum hasn't done the research. I think as a very general consensus, when undertaking somthing like moving countries most, if not all of us have done research and prepared ourselves as much as possible. So hopefully we don't get too much of a shock!:)

flyoneday
13th Mar 2009, 05:36
Skywards,
I think 97totel was not trying to insinuate anything but rather advice people on how life is in the Gulf. Am sure the fact that she has been there for 2years gives her reason to. Many people have gone there only not to even finish their training in various companies because of the culture shock................and by the way, you would be surprised as to how many people would actually pack their stuff and move up there without really having done any research on their new environment . But lucky you, you are doing some research...

~
flyoneday :ok:

Skywards
13th Mar 2009, 06:25
^Of course her opinion is valuable, hence my thanking her for it! I am well aware of how many people experience the culture shock and leave, and I wouldn't be surprised at the people who don't do any research I just I think it would be a very small amount. Afterall, what we are doing right now here in this forum is research! Not lucky me, prepared me!:ok:

mellymoo
13th Mar 2009, 11:16
i lived in the Gulf for 10 years and loved every minute of it!! You have to remember its a very transient place, people only stay for their contracts, you cant really plan a lifetime there. Its safer than alot of countries nowadays, if you stick to the rules and regulations e.g.\When in Rome do as the Romans do, life is good. I hate rules but loved UAE living!! thats why I am eager to get out there, my best friends are still in DXB!!

ooh for those interested i got a msg back finally, saying:

Our HR team submited your documents for the security clearence to the goverment.
HR team will contact you as soon as they get your documents back.

if anyone interested look at the newspaper The Times an article all about B777 safety again!!! maybe why the delay to Etihad!!

yucyme
13th Mar 2009, 19:43
Hey people,
thanks for being so wonderful.
I am waiting and wishing, wishing, wishing, just like you.:uhoh::(
Stay positive, and stay busy!

nuigini
13th Mar 2009, 20:53
How long before an AD would they invite you? My application was shortlisted in December and they are coming to my country in a couple of weeks! I only hope that they will invite me!

FltSftygrad
14th Mar 2009, 05:29
Can someone pls help me with this asap!

The invitation asks for 4 pp photos with white background(conservative clothing only and both ears must be visible;GLASSES and no jewellery)

I have taken my pics , but am not sure what they mean by the "glasses" bit.....if you wear contacts, do they want you to wear your glasses in the pics???????????????

M NOT CLEAR ON THIS, SO PLS HELP!!! coz will have to retake pics otherwise and must do asap as AD 2MRW!!!!!

Thank you.

Skywards
14th Mar 2009, 07:52
Hi Fltsftygrad

I went to Sydney and on the invitation it said "white background only;conservative clothing;both ears must be visible;glasses and jewelery removed"

So they are saying glasses removed AND jewelery removed...so I think you are right with the photo you have. They don't want a photo of you with your glasses on. They want to see your lovely face!

Good luck with it! You'll do great!

FltSftygrad
14th Mar 2009, 08:09
Thanks so much for your response.That makes sense.They left that out in my invite and I thought that it might have been a typo but just wanted to make sure. Didnt want to mess up on such a lil thing :)

michel_hammamet
14th Mar 2009, 13:12
Hello to everybody. Great and very fruitful thread we are having here. I am going to AD in Tunisia on the 16th of March and I will definitely report back to help you guys to get prepared for it as others have already done. Wish me good luck.

mellymoo
14th Mar 2009, 13:58
I applied very late on the 7th February 2008 and within 24hrs had a reply back on the 8th February for a date on the 16th February.

As soon as you apply online, they sort it quite quickly for an assessment, that will be near you.

If I can give all AD candidates some advice, make sure you look very smart, with natural makeup and ensure you dont wear overpowering aftershave or perfume. If you wear glasses for short sightedness wear contact lenses. Dont wear this seasons fashion!! Girls, ironed shirt and skirt with jacket if possible and see through tights not thick tights. Court shoes in blue or black. Maybe a small scarf around the neck to give an edge. Preferably limited jewellery not thick chunky stuff. Hair for girls, if long tied in a bun neatly, use hairnets that match hair colour or french roll, not loads of clips showing. No hair covering eyes. Men, ensure hair is gelled or waxed not overly though. Clean shaven faces, matching socks, dont wear white socks with black shoes... only Michael Jackson can pull that look off. Ensure hair is above collar length and is neat off the face. Make sure shoes are neat and tidy and polished.
If carrying a bag, make sure its not big and full of papers hanging out or with charms all over it.

I used to work for the Airlines and did the grooming manuals, if anyone needs any help let me know!!

Oh, with regards to contacts do not wear coloured lenses, they arent allowed in the Middle Eastern Airlines!

When playing games, be precise and concise and speak slowly. Dont take control of the game. Remember the exercises are time controlled so you need someone to take the time, someone to write the information down, dont interrupt when someone is talking. Do the time check every 5 minutes so you know where you are on the game. Good Luck to you all xx

Yvette8610
15th Mar 2009, 23:24
Good luck for tomorrow!:ok:

Pitchi
16th Mar 2009, 01:56
Michel,
very good luck tomorrow! I'll keep my fingers crossed! ;)

Mates,
thanks so much for such a good exchange we have been having here. I confess I quit to join QR AD because of the such good news I got here from you. I really want EY and I'll keep confident everything is going to return to normal, even having to wait a couple of months. As Yucyme posted, let's keep busy and wait :D

Take care and very good wishes to everybory :ok:

KEFREN82
16th Mar 2009, 19:20
Hi people!
I was thinking something. I know that we received email where Etihad says our application is important for them and as soon as they know they will inform us. But, what do you think about e-mail them and ask a possible joining date, I mean, if we have to wait till summer or autumn or december.

I think that if they do not know about joining dates for us, they can have a possible season schedule. It sounds strange to me that they do not know completely if we have to wait 1 month 4 months or 6 months. They surely have a potential idea of when we could go to Abu Dhabi.

First of all it could be very important to us, if we know more or less when we can be called back to join Etihad we can wait, or look for a temporary job, just organize our life a bit.

What do you think? It would be fair and honest from them telling us what is going to happen.

Bye!

mellymoo
16th Mar 2009, 22:46
Hi Kefren,

I already did that when I wrote to them and just got told my papers were at security!!

I asked for possible DOJ and how they would contact us via email, phone etc and didnt get a response!!

Maybe its worth giving it ago as well xx

NewCrewMember
17th Mar 2009, 09:56
Lots have people have already sent this email from my assesment day in london (feb 16th). They have all got the same almost automated response that we have to wait and be patient and when dates are confirmed we will be contacted. However you can be sure that those dates will not be before september as this will be the start of training. The last training before then is 16th april and this is already full and organised so sorry guys we have to wait.:rolleyes:

KEFREN82
17th Mar 2009, 10:51
I repeat that it sounds strange to me, and as nobody from the recruiters received an e-mail stating April, June or September we should ask them to get more information.

The month of September is just what some of us inferred from the data we have, but this is not what Etihad said.

We should ask real dates. An important serious company should have an idea of when it is possible to start, and just waiting is not fair at all.

I have a friend that passed a selection of Air France and the company told her that she can't start the training during all the 2009. So she can organize herself during this period. We need to know when to start, we have to organize our lives too... don't we?

barrett1987
17th Mar 2009, 11:56
Thank you for attending the Cabin Crew Assessment day in Melbourne on March 8th 2009.

At this time, we are unable to give you feedback concerning your final interview; however, we will endeavour to get a final response to you within 10-14days.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Thank you and Kind Regards,

anyone else get this email? like its the common email or...should i be worried?

NewCrewMember
17th Mar 2009, 15:38
Barrett1987:

Did you email them first? This sounds like an automated email telling you to wait. Everyone from my assesment either got a 'happy to inform you' email or an unsuccessful one. It sounds to me like they are just plowing through applications and you just need to be patient.

Kefren82

I have a two friends in other countrys that also have jobs with etihad. Both where due to start end of april and both were contacted to say training is cancelled until sep as they are awaiting aircraft. So it definately will not be before september as etihad have said this themselves.

But your right an email wouldn't hurt and we should be told straight cause this not knowing is no good for my heart!

still dreaming
17th Mar 2009, 18:54
can somebody tell me how long does it take to get invitation mail from etihad? thanks:confused:

michel_hammamet
17th Mar 2009, 19:30
I wanna describe my experience about the AD in Tunis the 16th March, 2009.

PART 1

It all started at 8.30. There were about 100 - 120 people. Three girls examinators made a short introduction greeting, gave out initial application forms to be filled out and gave the directions. Once the forms are filled we queued before the auditorium where everything took place. When we entered there were a reaching test we had to reach the mark of 215 cm on our tiptoes, after a short talk with the two other assessors who asked the questions from the form once again and we had to attach ID photo and our CV. After a little chitchat we had to wait in the lobby till everybody finishes the registration. Could you imagine that i was among the first to enter and everybody finished around 11.30. 3 HOURS and then came the first surprise. They made an anouncment that THE FIRST DESELECTION POINT ARRIVED and in 20 minutes they will anounce the names of the contestants who will stay and the others can go home. They also explained that the deselection is based on the main requirements for this job mentioned on their website: 2 years customers experience in tourism or aviation is the most important, height, 25m swimming unaided, etc. After that only 54 people passed the first stage.

michel_hammamet
17th Mar 2009, 19:45
PART 2

12:30

54 people took their places in the auditorium with linen tables, bottles of water and a screen for the video projection. Then followed the company presentation speech, the perks of working for Etihad, about the history of the company, the life in Abou Dhabi. Then the grammar test started. It consisted of 2 stages. 1 stage 20 minutes - there were 6 tasks. You had 1. to fill the missing words in the short letter from a friend who is spending his vacation in Abou Dhabi, 2. there was a notice about a scheduled event and the letter about changing the program speech and the presenter of this event. After 4 questions on the info provided in this letter. But be very attentive answering them, read carefully. 3. there were 5 phrases and 6 answers you had to match them. 4. there were several sentences , ex. A BOOK is TO READ, A RADIO is TO..... and then 6 words you have to choose the correct one; the rest i do not remember. 2 stage was for 15 minutes - two sheets format A4 and you have to describe in brief a) a situation when you worked as part of a good team ; b) when you provided excellent customer service.

After that everybody was asked to wait till another deselection would follow.

When they called out only 7 people out of 54. It was a real shock for everybody. But here i think the test score and the number of other foreign languages spoken that counted as assets.

I was among these 7 people. The assessors invited us to have lunch and then they told us that there would be another activity and another deselection. Everybody trembled like a leaf, nervous as hell.

michel_hammamet
17th Mar 2009, 20:04
PART 3

After that they asked us 7 to sit in a close circle. They gave us a dilemma to resolve described in previous posts about 7 people of different professions and backgrounds who had to deside who 3 people had to stay in some bunker due to some disaster that was going to happen. We were supposed to choose one role, to justify why one should stay in the bunker and choose together 3 people. The etihad assessors were listening attentively and making notes. I will not going to narrate what everybody was telling, cause it's not important here. I think you should show how all the memebrs of the group can cooperate in a stressful and difficult situation. From the previous reports i learned that this group activity was the crucial point for many contestants. They gave us 20 minutes to discuss. After they asked us to leave for 20 minutes for them to decide who will stay and who will leave.

That was a looooooooooong waiting. After that we returned to the hall and they told us that they WOULD NOT CONTINUE WITH ANYBODY OF US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were speechless. ZERO??????????????

But they were very nice and they congratulated us that we reached that far. They told us that they were looking for exceptional staff, but we were not apparantly. That was it.

Hope that will be helpful.

still dreaming
17th Mar 2009, 20:15
i don t understand what are they looking for?

abtz
17th Mar 2009, 21:21
are useless in responding to applications. they hiring team is almost dead. try some other compnies.

cotita
17th Mar 2009, 21:40
Unbelievable...

Skywards
17th Mar 2009, 22:36
Barrett1987: I got the same email too! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one! I was hoping to get a yes or no email this week, as they told us. But I guess they are re-assesing? It makes me a bit worried...maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are delaying their training courses.

Newcrewmember: On behalf of Barrett, we got that email instead of the yes or no. We had our assesment day over the past couple of weeks in Australia, and now are waiting to hear back. I guess we will have to keep waiting and hoping!

NewCrewMember
17th Mar 2009, 23:17
Skywards, i have spoken to soemone else who had their assesment recently and they have the same email as you even thogh the assessors said they would endevour to give them a result in the next few days, so i wouldn't worry too much. I think you are probably right in that it has something to do with re sheduling training. Maybe they don't want to recruit massive numbers at the moment and have everyone waiting for training, so they are doing a number of assessments in different countrys and will then choose the best candidates from all those assessments as a whole? I'm probably way off so don't take my opinion to heart. Even though i am slightly ahead of you in the selection process i still don't have an offer of employment with them yet so i know how you feel, trust me.

Skywards
17th Mar 2009, 23:50
^Yeah fair point. I just don't want the Emirates situation to happen again. I'd be more than happy to start with Etihad in September, would give me some time to prepare and save money. So I really do hope I get through even if it means waiting 6 months, because I have been really put off going to work for Emirates, would much prefer Etihad!

Good luck to you!

Nickvan
18th Mar 2009, 14:32
Guys it appears next month is the last Abintio batch to join and complete training. From inside source (Training Officer)
After this Nothing no new batches until September this year.
Another reason for this is no one is leaving/resigning given the current situations. Theres no missing positions to fill at this current time.

Those waiting just be patient as things are still being finalised here.

janneha
18th Mar 2009, 14:57
thanks for the info nickvan.

Are the new airplane rumours true? Also if anyone isn't resigning, then would there be any space for new starters even in september?

KEFREN82
18th Mar 2009, 15:21
Hi people!
Are they still going to deliver 11 airplanes this year? If it is as they say, it still sounds strange to me that we have to wait till september.

I was looking for info at Airbus and Boeing site, to read if something changed in their deliveries concerning Etihad, but I couldn't find anything interesting.

If 11 aircrafts will be delivered this year I personally think we would join Etihad before than September, if not, well, you everybody are right.

Any info about deliveries, months and number of aircrafts?

koppe
18th Mar 2009, 15:31
hey wannabes! hope all is good with u guys!
michel, uow i was shocked with the result of your assessment day, it was like reading a thriller! they seem to be more selective than ever..:ouch:
im glad they r not coming to brazil now .. hehe! and also i have to say im lucky cause i broke my ankle last week, so i wouldnt be able to go to the ad here anyways.:}
but im looking fwd to the next schedule! good luck to all of you! and see you in abu dabhi sometime in the future!

KEFREN82
18th Mar 2009, 15:33
Etihad Targets Seven Million Passengers In 2009 (http://www.zawya.com/Story.cfm/sidZAWYA20090318131355/Etihad%20Targets%20Seven%20Million%20Passengers%20In%202009)

This link says during 2009 Etihad is going to hire 200 more cabin crew, and they are still going to add 11 aircrafts this year.
Be positive and wait, if anybody knows, tell us

KEFREN82
18th Mar 2009, 18:03
Hi guys,
here other piece of news about a cooperation between EK and EY during the crisis... not a merger, just helping each others.

Business : Emirates and Etihad airlines seek closer ties (http://www.khaleejtimes.com/biz/inside.asp?xfile=/data/business/2009/March/business_March652.xml&section=business)

I am not a magician, so I can't predict future, but in case they would manage to face together the crisis well, I don't know what they can do with their crew already in. I mean, in that case, something like what happened in EK about assessments and courses is possible.

what do you think?

sundaybrunch
19th Mar 2009, 08:57
I got a rejection email from Etihad with regards to the F&B manager post. Funny thing is I wasn't even invited to an interview/assessment. I was rejected based on my resume/qualifications. I have 5 years of experience as a cabin crew with an international airline, so if that doesn't help, what are they exactly looking for anyway?

elisa4
19th Mar 2009, 12:08
For the post of F and B you need proper F and B experience on management level, just airline experience is definately not enough;

even if u have this experience, they are extremely selective now as u can see from previous posts.

we have many crew here with 10 years or more airline experience and they are not considered for this position without F and B background..

Nickvan
19th Mar 2009, 18:18
Guys from our CEO James Hogan today -

We have confirmed today our outlook for 2009, with a target to increase passenger numbers by 15 per cent to seven million and an average seat factor of 77 per cent.

At the same time, we will seek to increase revenue from US $2.5 billion in 2008 to US $3 billion in 2009, an increase of 20 per cent.

These are challenging targets against the backdrop of a tough global economic climate.

In particular, cost control will remain critical as we seek to continue to expand in a measured, considered and controlled manner.

We will not, however, cut back on customer service nor will we compromise on safety, always our absolute number one priority.

Eleven new passenger aircraft are set to join the aircraft fleet in 2009, consisting of two Airbus A330-200s, one A330-300, two A340-600s, five A320-200s and one Boeing 777-300ER.

The additional aircraft will increase Etihad’s seat capacity by 18 per cent and cargo capacity by 12 per cent to 3.5 million tonnes.

They will enable also the launch of flights to Melbourne, Istanbul, Athens, Larnaca and Chicago, as well as increased frequencies on several existing routes.

We expect to recruit a further 1,000 employees during the year, bringing total staff numbers to 8,500, an increase of 15 per cent.

This year will be a tough one for everyone in the airline industry and Etihad Airways is no exception.

However, with prudent cost control, our investment in products and a strong desire to maintain a positive, can-do mentality, we can continue our growth in a measured and sustained manner and I count on your support in making our targets a reality

Pitchi
19th Mar 2009, 20:51
Hello, everyone!

Thanks to all for the information through this forum, it has been very usefull in such difficult times :ugh:.

Special thanks to Nic for sharing with us this letter from the CEO. It clarifys somethings for us from Brazil: I realised they are not coming to our country this year as they were planning to unfortunatly :hmm: On the other hand, we know that we'll have to wait a little more for another events and must look for something else in mean time :{

I'll keep here with my fingers crossed for all the best for everybody :ok:

Take care

KEFREN82
19th Mar 2009, 21:46
the links I posted yesterday are about the letter of the CEO and other information, please read.

cabincat
20th Mar 2009, 07:18
Mellymoo just because the poster lives in dxb does not mean they don't work for ey.
I used to work for ey but left for the greener side of the fence in ek.
Yes ek is facing tough times with the rest of worl however I can tell you honestly it is a much better deal than ey.
I work in business and get paid more per hour than a cabin manager at ey.
It would not suprise me in the least that the crew at ey are being told to launder their own uniforms.
The managment do not give a flying **** about the crew there.
I have many good friends still there and the stories I hear are unbelievable.
If you want to fly and see the world enjoy your time there however watch your back and do not get in too much debt as the pay is crap.

elisa4
20th Mar 2009, 08:11
yes, EY has asked us to launder our own shirts and aprons, plus our pay sheme has changed 2 months ago, also new refund policy, raise in ticket fares etc etc..

its crisis for everyone, personally I don t consider this too much of an issue..

pay in etihad is not "crap" as you call it, it all depends... we have people here from EK who earn more in EY, some people earn less..

EY is a very young airline, with many issues to work on, but wheter you prefer EY or EK depends on what your are looking for and how well you can adapt...

do u really think the management in EK gives a damn about their crew!?
I know a crew who left EK and had a lot of trouble getting his last salary... welcome to the Gulf, u cant trust any employer out here!

personally I have no problems at all in EY, and I hate living in DXB!
if you talk about dept: its much easier to waste money in DXB than AUH : )

Kseny
20th Mar 2009, 14:18
Hey Guys...
Just got last news from etihad....

Dear All,

I am sending you an update info regarding the cabin crew job with Etihad
Airways. I am sorry to keep you waiting and worring. Since you had you
interview a lot has happend. The financial crise and the outcome of that
has lead to less cabin crew with Etihad are getting sick and less crew are
resigning. That means that they don't need as many crew as they thought
right now and that will effect your joining date. But they still like you
to join, but later than planned.

Please read the email I got from Miss Hickman from Etihad.

"I just wanted to update you on the current situation with the candidates
you highlighted below*. From the information I received from HR admin I
understand the below candidates are now waiting for confirmed course dates
before continuing with joining formalities. As I mentioned before our
course dates are full for this part of the year and we are now confirming
when they will re-commence for the second half of the year. As soon as we
confirm the dates we will start to batch your candidates. Please be
assured that we are still very much interested in the below candidates and
look forward to welcoming them a little later in the year."

Soooooooooooo, be patient! keeep waiting!

mellymoo
20th Mar 2009, 15:22
Dear Kseny,

Thanks very much for that piece of info, at least you have a letter explaining the situation, what is going on.

Can I be a pain and ask when you went for your interview so maybe LHR 16/02 can have a rough idea as well, when they might consider taking us.

Congrats on getting some info for the forum, it really is appreciated from my end. It kinda of still feels as if we are all awaiting on tenterhooks, wondering if this will be an EK situation or not!! I really hope that it wont.

Thanks again and keep fingers crossed LHR interviewees xx:D

yuja13
20th Mar 2009, 16:31
i sent you a pm:ok:

danni14
20th Mar 2009, 16:44
hey guys,

im new on here although I have been reading this thread for a while. Thanks to everybody who gives the updated info on here, as I have been so worried in case an "emirates" happens!

Mellymoo, i was on you AD in London as well so i am at the same stage as you. I will let you know when hear something. The only info I have had from them has said that they are still deciding on course dates and that our applications are important to them.

Dont worry guys, we will get there in the end!
xx:)

iio78
20th Mar 2009, 16:55
LOVE THIS PART.
I loved every day of it, and cant wait to get back out there, money doesnt buy happiness for sure, but its how we deal with situation presented. Good Luck.
we are here in the same situation as everybody waiting and hoping for our DOJ and i hope to see all of you once we get there. we need a few clubbing buddies

allexatgv
20th Mar 2009, 17:36
Does anyone can tell me when etihad is comin to Bucharest?:(( They cancelled the assessment day from 6 and 7 march and now we dont know anything new from etihad stuff.:(

wajdute
20th Mar 2009, 20:16
kseny had the assessment day around 20-28 of januaryn Talin I asume, because we had assessment day in Vilnius, Lithuania on the 28 january and I got the same letter today :)

as well as that they mentioned that they were very happy with Talin and Vilnius assessment days so they are doing them all over again in may :)

Looks quite funny than You think of it. We were in the AD so long ago, still no job and they are recruiting in same cities again.

mellymoo
21st Mar 2009, 00:01
dear kseny and yuja,

Thanks so much for PM and also information that you put on, I really appreciate it.

i am still awaiting security clearance according to the recruitment and then hopefully will get something from the HR Dept.

If I hear anymore will let you know. However, why recruit again if they arent taking people on till late in the year?? Anyone going for interviews please make sure you ask when they will be taking you on!! xx

SER 35
22nd Mar 2009, 23:11
Hi,
I´m new in this, i applied for the cabin crew position on-line about three weeks ago, the only message i´ve received from them is the acknoeledge of my application. Knowing that there are not assessment days in Mexico for the moment,does anybody know how can i let them know that i would like to do to the assessment day in Paris on March?????
Thanks in adv....
SR

imango
23rd Mar 2009, 03:31
Hi, guys. I wanna have a try to apply for etihad position, butta i missed the open day in australia. Is it still possiable to apply?

solen
23rd Mar 2009, 12:55
Hi Guys!

I have a guastion...I got information from Etihad that my application has been shortlisted about 3 weeks ago but what next? How long should I wait for information if they invite me for assessment day or not?
Or should I call there and ask?
Assessment day is in the end of April so still some time, maybe just wait?

sillysausage
23rd Mar 2009, 16:48
I would love to thank everyone for keeping us posted on the situation. The 'not knowing' has been really tough. I'm pleased there's still hope with joining Etihad this year, however, I'm concerned it won't be until the very end of the year. The new routes are starting this summer, through to sept. If they have enough crew to operate the new routes, then why would they start training courses again in sept. Does anyone know if there are any new routes starting dec/jan, or any A/C due around that time?

Kseny
23rd Mar 2009, 17:02
Ciaooo once again!
I had interview on 26 of january in tallinn....
sooo quite long time ago...
I guess we have just to forget about etihad for a while! make some plans for summer!!!! Cause there is nothing what we can do at the moment! but we re already the best of the best of the best..... sooooooooo stay cool!
enjoy and relax! and ill meet you all in september, october, november this autumn! i have no doubts about that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just lets stay together and keep each other informed!:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:
Facebook guys?!

danni14
23rd Mar 2009, 18:26
hi Mellymoo,

I was on your AD as well, think I am going to contact them on Thursday as then it will be 5 weeks since we got the email.
I will let you know what they say if i get through before you.
Cant wait until we actually get our tickets to Abu Dhabi, im not sure I will be able to sit still on the 8 hour flight out there! xx

KEFREN82
24th Mar 2009, 20:24
If you are interested in how Middle East Airlines are facing the crisis and if you want to have a piece of information about how things are going, here you have a link to read:

Economy could take toll on luxury of Middle East airlines - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/travel/2009-03-19-middle-east-airlines-economy_N.htm)

Bye

mellymoo
25th Mar 2009, 11:09
Keeping you posted havent had anything through yet from them!!

Thanks for the link though very informative!!

sil1233
25th Mar 2009, 11:37
Thats truely shocking !! but an old news this happened like a year ago

imango
25th Mar 2009, 12:12
I have a question about the photograph attached with the application. Do I have to go the studio to take one by professionals? I just uploaded one pic which taken at home by my housemate.

michaelflynn61
25th Mar 2009, 12:50
Looks like more bad news guys.

Just looking at the assessment day schedule and lots have been taken off. The UK and Ireland ones have gone which I guess rules me out :(

michaelflynn61
25th Mar 2009, 13:05
Mellymoo it happened last year.

I guess everyone just gotta heep our fingers crossed for those who have been chosen and are waiting and those who havnt even been to any AD yet.

As they say, all good things to those who wait :)

KEFREN82
25th Mar 2009, 13:08
mellymoo that crashed was published 16 Nov 2007 and it happened before the delivery of the aircraft by airbus

nuigini
25th Mar 2009, 13:08
This is really frustrating! :{

The AD is getting closer and I still haven't heard anything whether I'm invited. Been both emailing and ringing them without a reply.

How long before the AD do they usually let you know?

zerozol
25th Mar 2009, 13:25
mellymoo, if you click to the link you cited: :)

"By ONLINE REPORTER
Published: 16 Nov 2007

http://www.thesun.co.uk/img/buttons/btn-add-your-comments.gif (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/travel/article472742.ece#comment-rig)
TEN people were injured last night when a brand new plane was written off after it smashed into a wall. "

people, more awareness when collecting infos!

mellymoo
25th Mar 2009, 14:37
Etihad are really cutting down now on their assessments wasnt there meant to be one 29th April in London!

April 2009
Country
City
DateBelgiumBrussels4th AprilFranceParis5th and 6th April 2009Czech RepublicPrague6th April 2009DenmarkCopenhagen8th April 2009RussiaMoscow17th April 2009EstoniaTallinn19th April 2009
May 2009
Country
City
DateLatviaRiga21st May 2009LithuaniaVilnius23rd May 2009

Yvette8610
25th Mar 2009, 15:00
Wow, they left only two locations for May.

Jordan was also available some days ago but it isn't on their site anymore..

mellymoo
25th Mar 2009, 15:06
mmm strange??:confused:

cragle
25th Mar 2009, 19:56
I personally thinks its not a bad thing they have cancelled AD as it means they have approved like us from the Jan and Feb AD are more of a priority x

Skywards
25th Mar 2009, 21:56
Hi guys,

Got my congratulations email today! And it probably has a bit of info in it for those people wanting to know whats going on with their training dates:

"Please be advised that Etihad Airways are currently finalizing the Cabin Crew training courses for the last quarter of 2009. Your application will now be placed into a holding pool until such time as these course dates are confirmed. On confirmation of course dates and availability our administration team will continue with your joining formalities and will contact you to advise of the next stage in the process."

So it looks like their training courses won't be until Oct/Nov/Dec, which for me is actually better. But it def sounds like the next training courses will be end of 2009. Anyone else from Sydney assesment day get this email?

mellymoo
25th Mar 2009, 22:05
haha crag!!

When was the sydney assessment?? Well done on your news, have anymore 16th Febs heard??:D

Skywards
26th Mar 2009, 06:12
^It was the 5th March....

Sheenab1983
26th Mar 2009, 15:35
Cant believe they cancelled the UK and Ireland open days :{

Interesting that the majority of remaining open days are based in Eastern Europe ex soviet nations and also russia... Wonder what thats about :ugh:

I have an aunt that lives in Belgium, would consider going to the open day in Brussles but its liable to get cancelled too :sad:

Kseny
26th Mar 2009, 15:56
I guess the reasonis that Etihad launches Moscow flights ...
So if u re able to speak russian its big advantage to you!:ok::ok::ok:
And if u re not, u have time till september to learn!;)

FlyBoy1983
27th Mar 2009, 00:24
EY had just started Istanbul flights in January, and had an AD for Istanbul in April, but it got cancelled too :(

wajdute
27th Mar 2009, 13:17
Common "ex soviet nations" nice...:ok:

Attia
28th Mar 2009, 02:18
I heard that EY recruited cabin managers from Qantas, I do not know how many and if it's true or not. :*
And was wondering if anybody knows better...

Bla_Bla
28th Mar 2009, 02:53
from this end i have not heard anything

LUCKYGOLUCKY
28th Mar 2009, 04:14
Hi all!

Since the previous thread is now closed, I'm posting here, hoping that people will follow me.
I hadn't been on the forum in a while but it still amazes me how some people get soooooo defensive when their airline is being criticized.
Where I come from, freedom of speech is a right and helps improving things. Etihad airways has a very strong policy “dear cabin crew suffer and lets enjoy” seriously it is becoming disgusting looking at all these management every day announcing a new service a new destination or holding a road show in one of the most expensive hotels in abu dhabi for Mr. CEO to show off or in front of poor cabin crew. Laundering the uniform on cabin crews’ days off or changing hotel contracts is just out rages and it shouldn’t come from a company like Etihad airways just because they have suck up people who wants to prove they are working by inventing this stupid ideas. When accompany as big as Etihad airways if they ever want to think to cut cost they should start from those top management…
Please show some respect towards others' opinions and views because you certainly don't hold the truth!

And for those freaks: GET A LIFE!!! (Sorry just needed to let it out!)
those new joiners enjoy this is what’s waiting for u…
Happy flying to you all and no hard feelings HABIBIs and HABIBTIs!!!

ashlea
28th Mar 2009, 10:40
I haven't heard anything like this either. Recently you mean?

Attia
28th Mar 2009, 17:53
The crew are talking about it, and there is plenty of "nice words" from some seniors towards the management.

ashlea
28th Mar 2009, 20:01
@ attia
Please check your PM box

ashlea
28th Mar 2009, 20:22
Isn't it natural for people to defend their company, which is responsible for their livelihoods after all :8 but I do agree with you nonetheless that everyone has a right to state their opinion.

I can't necessarily *compare* EY as they are the only airline I've worked for so far.. but honest to god they fact that they are every day announcing a new service a new destination or holding a road show in one of the most expensive hotels in abu dhabi for Mr. CEO is one of the best things about them!

Companies have the right to pimp themselves out with millions in marketing campaigns and advertising, if they wanna have a flashy roadshow I'm all for it. Launching new destinations means that the airline is GROWING. EY is expanding and improving. They are doing well even in the current economic climate, EK has only Durban starting this year whilst we have Larnaca, Melbourne, Chicago etc, plus Tokyo less than a year from now.

I think the fact that crew complain about how we'll now have to wash our own blouses and aprons is petty. Really, who gives a s***?? I can think of far worse things management can do if they need to cut spending further. Look around - at the state of commercial aviation worldwide. Be grateful you have a job, really. :ugh:

ashlea
28th Mar 2009, 20:32
I agree yeah, I think they probably left the Eastern European ADs up because we've had recently launched destinations in that area - Moscow, Almaty, Minsk...

Or maybeee.. because Western Europeans generally stay less time with the company... oooohohoho :}

adelinne
29th Mar 2009, 15:51
Could anyone tell me if he/she has the same situation as me? So, I passed the EY assesment day on 24th of January, I received the ”happy mail” on 5th of February, I was called after and I chose my joining day for training as 26th of April, so they have sent me the employment offer on 25th of February. I signed it and sent it to them, following medical requirements as soon as possible. A collegue in the same situation was called and she has been told that her joining date has been modified as 29th of March instead 12th of April (she has already sent the medical requirements completed). That s why I called them and asked about my joining date, if it would has been modified and they told me that I have to wait till October. I can t believe this happens...Or, I m a non-lucky person.What do you think? P.S Yes, I know about their situation with the planes and all that stuff, but even though, I have already signed the employement offer!

barrett1987
30th Mar 2009, 04:31
hey,

what is the entry pay scheme for etihad cabin crew currently?

The site only has old info and i was told it had changed recently.

anyone have the info?

thanks

KEFREN82
30th Mar 2009, 10:10
I was at the assessment day on 14th february. Some of us received the happy to inform e-mail and then no news, but we didn't sign anything as we have to make medical check already.

I don't know what to say. I am waiting and I am without a job because of the crisis, I am looking for a job right now, as I know that I have to wait a lot of time before starting with Etihad.

Bye

barrett1987
30th Mar 2009, 12:32
kefran, do you mean some of those who got to the final interview on your AD DIDNT? get a happy to inform you? instead they got a ''sorry, bad news email? or did they just get...no response?

ashlea
30th Mar 2009, 13:05
Yes, a new payroll scheme came into effect Jan 1st, 2009. There's still basic pay + layover pay, but instead of duty day it is now by the duty hour. It's actually much more fair - the more the work the more you are paid, obviously. There's a different basic for FA (coral zone), FJ (business), CS (cabin senior) and CM (cabin manager). I can say that for FAs your take home pay is usually 10000aed on a normal month with no annual leave or training or sick leave. Otherwise it could be as low as 7000 or as high as 13000, it really depends on what you have scheduled.

If you want further detail send me a PM.. :ok:

KEFREN82
30th Mar 2009, 13:15
I mean that we didn't receive more news after the happy to inform email.
We are almost 10 I think... I don't know, we have to wait, but we would like to receive official information by Etihad. We do not know even it we will join in September or October. After the happy to inform e-mail we just received another e-mail where they said we would be contacted when courses would have been rescheduled.

barrett1987
30th Mar 2009, 13:30
then you are in a perfect and easy to understand situation.

You are in.

You will start in the final quarter of 09. Be it sept, oct nov or dec. You just have to wait for further instructions from Etihad, which you will get when they know the plan...(i guess around june you will hear from them)

I'd love to be there with a happy to inform you email, atm i went to final interview in melbourne in march 8th, with 3 others i got thru the entire day and was told the jobs ours for sure etc etc...the one i kept in contact with from that day has got a happy to inform you email...5days later i'm still waiting...

now that's stress:P

For yourself kefren, console yourself to the fact you have the job in the later part of the year, you will get dates closer to the time and must now focus on temp woirk or funding yourself for the next 6 months. IT sucks to wait but its a simple process.

Gratz on getting in though mate. hopefully ill see you out there: )

elisa4
30th Mar 2009, 13:31
To all people who just cant stop complaining: welcome to live in the Gulf, these practices happen everywhere in this region and not only in airlines...

Nobody is forcing you to work/ live here;
If you can t deal with it, go back to your own country and get a life; no shame in that...

I know quite a few people who left Etihad because they could nt handle it and now they are selling their soul to try come back!

Everyone makes up his own mind, @ the end of the day it is how you deal with a situation, and that goes everywhere in the world!

Personally I love it here, I deal with the perks in my own way, and enjoy the benefits, thats really all there is to it ; )

Hed0n
30th Mar 2009, 13:45
Same situation here but without the contract. I am gonna find myself a nice summer job at the sea side and wait until September... what else can we do? Thx for all the posts guys. You've done a great job keeping us informed but its useless now:(.
I wish you all the best and hope to see you sooner.:sad:

mysza
30th Mar 2009, 14:29
if u think that Etihad is bad, move to Rayan....
and u will see, how u will be pampered by the company:}

Kseny
30th Mar 2009, 15:59
Welcoooooooooooome to the waiting club!:cool:

julia82
30th Mar 2009, 17:24
Do you think it is possible they will not take us at all in september?

birddream
30th Mar 2009, 18:28
the vacancy still open or close?

Skywards
30th Mar 2009, 21:35
Could you be a bit more specific about pay rates for cabin crew please? I've found it really hard to find this info as well, nobody will give me a straight answer. I just want to know the base salary and what the flying pay/duty pay is per hour so I can compare it to Emirates. I understand that monthly pay depends on rosters etc, but just curious how base and hourly compare to Emirates. Would really appreciate the info, if you have it! Thanks!! I have made it through with Emirates and Etihad but am waiting on both to start training dates again...and pay will be a big factor in who to go with...eventually!

Skywards
30th Mar 2009, 21:42
I think it's definitely possible that they won't take us in September. I think taking us depends on a number of factors eg the economic crisis, delivery of planes etc. If things get worse economically and nobody is flying, no employees are leaving the company and no new planes arrive...then there will hardly be any need to employ us. I think the best thing we can all do is just get on with our lives as per normal and wait for the storm to pass. If/when that happens they will contact us again, could be September, could be next year, could be sooner (fingers crossed). I have gotten through with Emirates and Etihad and am waiting on them both...so hopefully one will come through for me eventually!

Try to stay positive, they will contact us eventually, but we should get on with our lives in the meantime...:ok:

ashlea
30th Mar 2009, 22:11
Well it's not really information you post on a public forum, it's unprofessional to say the least. Check your PM box.

alkyd
30th Mar 2009, 22:21
Hi there,
it's good to learn that I am not the only one who's been waiting for reply from Etihad.
Our AD in Dubai was in mid of January. They told us that we'll get a "yes" or "no" reply in 48 hours. I didn't get any reply, so I followed up by calling them 1 week later to check if I passed or not. Fortunately, I received a positive answer. Now they are processing the security clearance for me, but it's been 2 months now. I followed up again 1 month ago and they replied me that they are still finalizing their course dates.

I read here from some posts that they might be starting their courses in the final quarter of 2009. But I didn't get any letter from them stating that. That's kind of frustrating because I can't wait to join Etihad, to be honest. Good thing I still didn't resign from my current job :) so hopefully all this waiting will be rewarded in the end!

Holdudvar
30th Mar 2009, 23:50
Dear Kseny, Dear Users,

I would like to take a part on an assessment day in Tallinn (19/05/2009), Riga (21/05/2009) or Vilnius (23/05/2009). Probably I need to register on some recruitment agency website. I already applied (succefully:)) on Etihad website, unfortunately no answer from HR. FlyHigh agency is recruiting just to Czech Republic. If someone knows the right agency(s) will be very, very thankfull.

Thanks,
Holdudvar

alkyd
31st Mar 2009, 00:31
I guess you just didn't work in a company where conditions are far worse than those of Etihad. Human nature is such that it's never enough.

Efi
31st Mar 2009, 06:17
I received an email from the Recruitment team asking where I prefer to attend the AD (since its not held in my city), I indicated and now Im waiting, the AD-s are next week. What r your experiences, how many days before the AD do they invite u? or do u think it was just an inquiry and they r still hesitating whether to invite me or not? :confused:

KEFREN82
31st Mar 2009, 08:35
they invited me 10 days before the assessment.

KEFREN82
31st Mar 2009, 08:44
skywards,you are right, but as you know things can change immediately!!!
maybe today you chose one airline that pays you more, and after 1 year, te salary changes and you can earn a lot less...

Maybe in one airline, with your professionality you can become a Cabin Crew Manager after 4 years, and in the other after 10 years, or eventually, you can't improve your future career.

Just go where you feel it could be better. As we all see, one week you have a job, the week after you don't even have one. So, don't chose just about 100 or 200 dirham more or less...

birddream
31st Mar 2009, 08:57
cabin crews are high mobilities, not refer to the job nature itself, what I am pointing out is you can chose to work here here and there depends on your personal preference. Those airlines in Gulf region are attractive because they have no income tax, housing benefit ( well, we know the job is hard still, but compared to other region, assuming you do the same job. )

ashlea
31st Mar 2009, 10:15
They have implemented age restrictions for roles now too.. I don't know if there's any flexibility in it.. he minimum age for Cabin Senior now is 25, so probably if you're starting as FA you wouldn't be CM until 27 or something :hmm:

Yvette8610
31st Mar 2009, 10:35
Hello Efi,

Which AD would you like to attend? I got the invitation on 23 March for the Prague assessment.

Megan26
31st Mar 2009, 10:51
Hi Guys!!

Just to let you know, on the Etihad website they have put more assesment days on in UK and Dublin for the 4th and 6th May!! Lets hope they dont get cancelled!!! Has anyone been invited to those assesment days yet?

x

Efi
31st Mar 2009, 11:15
Hi,

Paris or Prague (5-6 th April)

barrett1987
31st Mar 2009, 12:34
i got my happy to inform you email today!!!

woot i'm in.

now i have 5months to work/see australia and just enjoy myself before the job starts...ahh i feel so relieved now. wooooootag!!

wajdute
31st Mar 2009, 12:43
[email protected] are recruiting agency. You can apply with them for etihad.
Just send them Your CV. At least most of us did that in Vilnius and Talin

Sheenab1983
31st Mar 2009, 13:16
Woot, Thats great news Megan26 :) :ok::D

sillysausage
31st Mar 2009, 13:40
I had 6 days notice for my AD - luckily I had all the paperwork ready ie CV, references, photos.

Efi
31st Mar 2009, 14:28
Thx :) thats what im doing now, arranging my docs and photos, I have 6 days to go ... in case they reply before 6 Apr :}

EvaWang
31st Mar 2009, 17:38
Is there anybody got an invitation to Brussel Assessment day? Only 3 days to go I still didn't receive anything yet. I have met all the basic requirements from Etihad. But even can't get a chance to join the assessemnt day. Oh, i am so disappointed! Anyone can help with some info regarding to Brussel AD? Which hotel? Many thanks!

EvaWang
31st Mar 2009, 18:32
Brussel Assessment Day
Is there anybody got an invitation to Brussel Assessment day? Only 3 days to go I still didn't receive anything yet. I have met all the basic requirements from Etihad. But even can't get a chance to join the assessemnt day. Oh, i am so disappointed! Anyone can help with some info regarding to Brussel AD? Which hotel? Many thanks!

Holdudvar
31st Mar 2009, 20:49
Thanks very much for an answer I'll try with the Scandinavian...Hope to hear from them.
H.

rojocrv
31st Mar 2009, 21:14
i have just moved to Canada, so i said id sign up to the assessment day in Toronto, i signed up in November but i got this, this morning
Dear Candidate,

Due to the current economic climate Etihad Airways will be unable to conduct further cadet pilot assessments this year. We are therefore postponing the planned selections in New York, Toronto and Singapore until further notice.

We very much hope to resume the process in 2010, and will email each of you again towards the end of 2009 should this be the case to confirm your interest.

We are very sorry that the current climate has forced us into this position; however we at Etihad Airways remain optimistic about the future and look forward to hopefully resuming the assessment process in 2010.

michaelflynn61
31st Mar 2009, 23:27
Just had a thought.

Would be a great idea for someone who knows to post up here what people need to bring to the AD. Since some people only get asked just a couple of days before it could be a good idea to have all the stuff like photos, references and stuff ready in case they get called on short notice.

So can anyone who has been to an AD enlighten us?

Also I am delighted to see the AD back in Dublin!!

wajdute
1st Apr 2009, 15:32
there were some post of what you need to bring, but here you are:
Dress CodeProfessional attire

Documents 3 x colored passport photocopies
Required4 x passport photos with White Background (Conservative clothing only and both ears must be visible; no glasses and no jewelry)
1 x full length photo
Current copy of CV
Copies of education, qualification and work experience certificates
2 x reference letters with current contact informationonly referance letters has to be in english, all the other documents are fine in your native language.

hope that helps

Jaad
1st Apr 2009, 21:30
Been waiting for this email for over a month... does this mean I'm actually in? Bahhhh waiting SUCKS!

Dear J,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in the joining process. At the moment we are rescheduling course dates for 2009 and this has resulted in a delay to your joining process. As soon as we have confirmed information regarding the course dates we will let you know.

If you have any further queries; please feel free to email us.

Kind regards,

Cabin Crew Recruitment Team

Etihad Airways

mellymoo
1st Apr 2009, 21:48
Good Luck to you all that have AD's be yourselves on the day and you will be okay.

For yourselves, if you do get all the way through, I would ask them when they are starting the next courses as the ones that have got the happy to inform are still awaiting an outcome to know when we will be starting!! SO GOOD LUCK for the interviews read through the papers given to you and read this forum on previous tips really worth doing.

KEFREN82
2nd Apr 2009, 08:44
Hi people,
I received an email from my recruiter and she said that although nothing is firm it is probable that we can't join Etihad before than the last quarter of 2009 as some of us said before.

She stressed that nothing is firm and everithing can change but, by now, this is how the situation is.

So, just go on with our lives, and, if we have a job, just feel lucky and keep working.

Bye

Kseny
2nd Apr 2009, 14:53
im giving up on my waiting :bored:

jcelinap
3rd Apr 2009, 09:42
Have you send them an email asking them about your joinning date??? I´m waiting also for some news about them, i attend to the assessment of BCN on february 24, i received the happy mail and up to now i don´t now nothing!!! no answers, no mails..... I´ve wrote them an email but have no answer....

Kiss

cragle
3rd Apr 2009, 09:53
i just emailed asking if any ifo on dates yet, last time i emailed was a month ago so im not trying to be too pushy x

KEFREN82
3rd Apr 2009, 12:24
Mates...
this is what we are saying since last 3 forum pages. Joining dates probably in the last quarter of 2009. Just read before please.

yuja13
3rd Apr 2009, 13:39
Hi everyone,

For those who are anxious about the joining dates as what others said on their posts there will be no training from april-october.

I spoke to recruitment about 3 weeks ago and I was told the same as everybody else that training will commence at the last quarter of this year. So don't expect to hear from them about joining dates sometime soon. The lady told me contracts will be sent out in Aug-Sept. They don't send contract sright now bcoz the training is not until Oct they usually send them out 1-2 month before doj.

For those who got the "yes email" rest assure you got the job we are just now on the waiting pool and as soon as the dates are confirmed we will hear from them. The lady assured me I got the job and just told me to be patient. There is no need to keep emailing them and calling them coz they will tell u the same thing anyways that nothing is confirmed.

So guys really you won't hear from them until summer the earliest so just get on with your lives right now enjoy this free time you have. As for me I've decided to travel and come back at the end of the summer it will keep my mind off the waiting.

Good luck to those who will attend the ADs and for those who are waiting just be patient and be optimistic we are all on the same shoes.

:ok: See you guys in AUH this year!

Efi
3rd Apr 2009, 20:52
Thanks a lot, You guys did an amazing job here, all the necessary infos on the CC recruitment. I have read the whole, did my homework and now I feel im ready to do my best in Prague. Anyone else is comin next Monday?

Fly_01
3rd Apr 2009, 21:04
Hi Efi,
i will be seeing you in prague :-)
Are you from czech rep.?

Skywards
4th Apr 2009, 01:26
My friend left for Abu Dhabi yesterday for her training, I'm sooooo jealous!! She got to fly diamond class, lucky girl!

But yeah as everyone said, no point in emailing them. They will contact us when they are ready....

My friend was recruited last year, so she's been waiting almost 6 months now and she is finally there....be patient, and forget about it for the meantime.

:ok:

mellymoo
4th Apr 2009, 09:38
I think everyone is a little pertubed by not knowing what is happening... its a long waiting game and as mentioned by others I think we all just want some sort of confirmation we arent forgotten about, we would just like to know whats happening... I can understand why people are pulling out their hair.

I sent them an email about a month ago and got told I was still awaiting security clearance, I havent bombarded them with messages but it would be nice to have a letter stating what all of you have had!! I just got told the above.

I agree, to get on enjoy travel etc. I think a lot of us, have kind of put our lives on hold awaiting you are on your way....to ABU DHABI!! Maybe its time to book the holidays and just await the package from them!!

GOOD LUCK AD's

Yvette8610
4th Apr 2009, 21:24
Hello Fly,

Do you know anyone else attending the AD in Prague from this forum?

See you there ;)

Fly_01
5th Apr 2009, 10:24
I know about one more person... So that makes us 3 :-)

Holdudvar
5th Apr 2009, 23:34
Hey Kseny, Hey All,

I get an invitation for an AD to Tallinn, anyone going?
Guys, please write how went Yours in Prague, U will not meet Barack Obama... but for sure Etihad flight attendants:)
All waiting CREW congratulations, U made it just need to wait, enjoy waiting as best as U can:)
See You in Tallinn and then hopefully ABU DHABI:)

KSENY I will have an occasion to see Tallinn:, SUPER):):):):):):)

mellymoo
6th Apr 2009, 10:37
Good luck all Prague and Tallin interviewees!!

Lets hope we can party up a desert storm at some point!!;)

Holdudvar
6th Apr 2009, 12:31
Anyone knows the recruiting agency to London/Dublin 2009?
www.,email, etc.

In advance Thank You!

NewCrewMember
6th Apr 2009, 13:11
Don't go through an agency. Just go online to Etihads website and apply on there, when the assesment day is near they will send you an invite. There really is no need for you to go through an agency at all and its better for you not to if you don't have to. You can let Etihad know which assesment you want to attend and it doesn't have to be your home country:O

Jeremys_mleu
6th Apr 2009, 17:25
Yaps- i am going to Tallin. It looked to me like this will happen at Radisson or something!! I am planning to stay from 17th-21st. whether pass or fail :)

For me - i am overly excited for this opportunity, if i fail then that will be my day out in Tallin. If i am chosen then the party will continue :)---lets hear from others

Jeremys_mleu
6th Apr 2009, 17:41
It was informed that one have the swim ability of 25 meters - does it mean that we need to take our swiming costumes there or some video to show that we can swim -

Etihad must have the exciting assessments ever - especially if we have to swim before sign up. I can not wait to freestyle in Tallin.

I will be happy to get to know if we have to travel with the swimsuits along.

I congratulate all who have been chosen :).

Kseny
7th Apr 2009, 07:02
Tallinn is waiting for u! and be ready for the party!

Jeremys_mleu
7th Apr 2009, 12:18
thanks - i believe i will have a great time throughout the event and tours :)

alkatifa
7th Apr 2009, 16:57
Dude I didn't understand a word of what u said...

sfjana
8th Apr 2009, 10:32
Hi guys!

I've been trying to fill my application and every time the page loads in error when I try to confirm my career information. :ugh:
I've tried everything and nothing works.:{ Their next assessment in my city is in May.
Does anybody have any ideia to help me out? Pleaaaaaaaaaase! Is there any other way, maybe I could call them or just appear in the assessment day???
Many many thanks

KEFREN82
8th Apr 2009, 12:45
Change Browser, try Opera or Google Chrome. Try a different one.

Bye

Jeremys_mleu
8th Apr 2009, 12:53
Do not appear just like that, they may ask you to dissapear

In case it still doesn work

-make sure that, after filling in all of your professional information, you click an additional space [as if you wish to add more], then save. Thats to say, there should be at least an empty field before you save the category. That happened to me and so is what i did. Hope it will help and good luck to us all :) - mine [AD] is in 11 days - i cant wait to utilise all what i have learned here.

Cheers

sfjana
8th Apr 2009, 22:54
Thanks guys!!!!
I'm going to try everything you said...
let you all know later:ok:

Pricella
11th Apr 2009, 08:32
Hello all

Thanks for this useful information which is - i mean - use ful.

I just do not know why Etihad can not recruit people from this chat wow the information here is briliant.

Few more questions - very briefly:)

1- Does Etihad recruit african origins to their crew work? could not see many african countries in the list only South Sfrica [which can also mean white South Africans]

2 - what kind of swiming do they anticipate? evacuative swimming or just fre swimming as what we do in the oceans or swimming pools? do we swim somewhere in the training or in Etihad's premises. Do we have to swimm in the assessment, cos this was not mentioned-only that if we can not swimm w shall be rejected from the signing in process.

3- I have master degree and really like the job which i have been invited to the assessment next month, do you think with my education the opportunities may be less?

4- Is it possible to own my own car while in AUH? if i need to by myself?

I will thank you so much for this information. I am now gonna check out for an outstanding knee length dark blue outfit for the day - also an airline ticket -uh:)

Thanks people once again, cant wait to read from you-

Prizell;)

4-

Jeremys_mleu
11th Apr 2009, 08:42
hi prizell.

I think i ´had seen some african guys with Etihad - i used it a couple of times. so they are recruited.

Masters - i am not sure but i think it should not be a problem, first of all you can be even more useful in the company [almost in the same situation]

Swimming was unclear to me as well - but i will wait and see what will happen there - i was told so many can still not swimm perfectly and in trainings you use floating device. But i have no idea for Etihad as i am one of the wanna be the crew.

Mh- if you have that money and you can buy a car- i fail to understand why you shouldn have a chance to ride your ride in free times.

Lets crosshands cos i am soon to the assessment as well. Hopefully life will be at ease after i find myself at the very end that late evening.

dank u well and lets hope for the best.

J'e'mi

Yvette8610
12th Apr 2009, 14:13
Roughly 75 people turned up..more girls than guys. There were three recruiter ladies, as far as I remember one from the Philippines, the other one from India and last but not least one from Romania.

The registration started at 8.30, we had to fill in a registration form, to attach a CV & passport photo. All of us queued outside a room and after entering the room we did the reach test (214cm). Everyone had a short talk with one of the recruiters. She reviewed my Cv and registration form, asked me about my knowledge of German language.

After the company presentation we did the English test (split up in 2 groups). While the second group was doing the test one of the ladies came out and told us that the selection is based not only on the English test but on other factors, as well.

The English test consisted of two parts :
- multiple choice (20 min) - you can find them detailed in the post of michel hammamet
- two essays (20 min): 1) Give an example when you worked as part as a very good team. Explain why. 2) Briefly write about the time you provided excellent customer service.

Approximately 60-65 of us got the kick after the English test.Unfortunately I don't know what has happened after this deselection point.

That's it in a nutshell.

Good luck to everyone attending assessment days in the near future.:ok:

lester727
12th Apr 2009, 16:19
Hello everyone, Happy Easter. I just checked my application on Etihad Website and saw that the status for my application is not there, i'm just curious as to what this means, because the the day earlier i checked my application and the status said Applied and now its not there. So can anyone give me some feedback as to the Etihad airways application process for Cabin Crew.:D

racheldebuitleir
12th Apr 2009, 18:26
My status was at 'applied' for about 6 months and then when I got email notification of being shortlisted my status disappeared. I guess when applied is gone it means your application has probably been reviewed and either shortlisted or trashed but you should have gotten a notification either way? Is there no message in your workspace?

lester727
12th Apr 2009, 19:09
There is no message in my workspace and i did not recieve any emails from them, so i don't know what's happening. Hope its a ghood thing cause i would really want to Join Eithad.

legolasbunda
12th Apr 2009, 19:37
Just to know are ethiad strict with their height as i would love to work for a middle east airline but i am only 5'2 and im struggling to find any who would take me although on gulf air website say they take smaller people but im still waiting to hear back from them. I know its safety regulations but i feel like i'm being punished because im small. Any feed back would be gratefully accepted.

lester727
12th Apr 2009, 20:05
Hello, how are you doing today? I'm in need of imformation regarding Etihad Cabin Crew application. I allpied online about 3 weeks ago and i check it every day to see the status and it would always say applied, so this morning i check and not there is no status there at all, so i don't know what to think right now. please can someone tell me what this means.:ugh::ugh:

danni14
12th Apr 2009, 20:13
lester727,

You should maybe try and email the recruitment people and ask if your application has gone through ok because i went to my assessment day in feb and have now been successful with them. On their website when i log in, my application is still on there as applied. Probably best for you to check with them just to make sure you dont need to send another application

good luck xx

danni14
12th Apr 2009, 20:19
hi legolasbunda (http://www.pprune.org/members/289665-legolasbunda)

What you have to keep in mind that all airlines are strict with height regulations and at the assessment day with Etihad the first thing you have to do is the reach test.

The best thing to do at home is measure 214cm on your wall (this is etihads requirement) mark where this is and then try and reach it. This is how they do it on the day. Obviously you have to take shoes off but Etihad do allow you to stand on tiptoes.

I am 5 foot 4 and I reached it with no problems. I would urge you to make sure you do it at home before you go to an assessment day though as one person on my day actually went home after 5 mins because they couldnt do it.

Good luck xxx

lester727
12th Apr 2009, 20:33
Hello and thanks for the reply. Do you have a contact number for them that i can call and check on my application?

mellymoo
13th Apr 2009, 15:17
Hi everyone,

I am planning to go on holidays and was worried incase Ey call and say that they are taking on crew whilst being away.

It was confirmed to me that they are at the earliest taking people for Training Sept - October time subject to new aircraft being delivered, and also subject to Medicals and Security Clearance. HR do need to know your whereabouts however, if you are planning some vacations.

Just FYI xxxx Happy Easter

janneha
13th Apr 2009, 16:26
hello boys and girls!!

well, when would you say they would start contacting people for security check results and medicals as DOJ's have been confirmed for sep-oct (source?)? Surely, at least a couple of months before?

Also, i dont really like the 'subject to aircraft delivery' thing at all. Gives me horrible butterflies.

mellymoo
13th Apr 2009, 22:26
From my email received today, it states the earliest would be Sept-Oct for training.

With regards to the aircraft it was mentioned as they are still on order.

I dont have a clue what all this security clearance is about as I thought last month they were still processing it, however medical clearance is subject to TB and Heart and Lung checks which I understand.

I did get given a HR dept contact to leave contact details with when going abroad, it might be best to contact the person who gave you the happy to inform you emails.

ashlea
14th Apr 2009, 05:59
1- Does Etihad recruit african origins to their crew work? could not see many african countries in the list only South Sfrica [which can also mean white South Africans]

Yes, we have quite a few girls and guys from Nigeria, Somalia etc. You just might have to travel a bit further for the assessment day..

2 - what kind of swiming do they anticipate? evacuative swimming or just fre swimming as what we do in the oceans or swimming pools? do we swim somewhere in the training or in Etihad's premises. Do we have to swimm in the assessment, cos this was not mentioned-only that if we can not swimm w shall be rejected from the signing in process.

When I did the training we took a day trip to Dubai to use their facilities, we worked as a team to set up the raft and get everyone on board. It's just a pool.. if you actually can't swim you can probably get away with it, but you at least need to be able to float because everyone has to get in the pool! :)

3- I have master degree and really like the job which i have been invited to the assessment next month, do you think with my education the opportunities may be less?

It shouldn't be a problem, it's gotta be better to be over educated than under educated for the job.. I'd suggest you just come up with a short, strong explanation as to why you want your career to now lead to Etihad after a master's.

4- Is it possible to own my own car while in AUH? if i need to by myself?

Yes, no problem at all with that. It's actually better to have a car probably now, as new joiners are all going to the new accommodation near the airport, outside the city centre.. so a car is very handy.

Pricella
14th Apr 2009, 08:21
Dear ashlea.

Thanks very very veeeery much for the reply. I believe i will get along this interview and join you out there. i will in anycase keep you updated.

Wow it looks clear than anticipated. I can actually swimm well i just was wondering about this requirement's implication.

Thanks once again

Prizel

Divula
14th Apr 2009, 09:13
Am just new to this thingy............lol:8
So was this for the Eithad Cadet Pilot programme???????????
Congrats man, I bet the day you received that phone call was one of the happiest days of your life:ok:
Am going for my assessment down in Sydney this June!
Am a bit worried about the skills and personality tests:\ Are they like aptitude tests or something???????

Divula
14th Apr 2009, 09:20
Hi everyone:)
I just registered with this website today so just bear with me:8
Am just curious as to what the skills and personality tests are like for the assessment programme for cadets!!!!!!!!!
Are they like aptitude tests that Qantas normally give to their cadet applicants????? I was checking them out the other day and they are really hard!
And roughly how many people get chosen for the cadetship!

KEFREN82
14th Apr 2009, 10:16
this is the part of the forum for cabin crew wannabes not for cadet pilots. just go to the main page and chose the topic you need! bye and good luck!!!

NewCrewMember
14th Apr 2009, 11:02
Sorry guys i am having a bad day can someone please remind me of the basic salary and flying hours salary for EY?
Thanks

Jeremys_mleu
14th Apr 2009, 15:35
Hi-<

Etihad website explains each and every item in a clear way and everyday - so that when you have a bad day today, you will definatelly meet the info about your question on the following day. So just go to globalsite - career-cc. And there you are.:D

Ashlea

Thanks for the descriptive info to Prizel. Some of the questions were as well in my concern. Keep us updated:ok:

Katka Patka
14th Apr 2009, 16:09
Hello everybody,

Sorry i did not email right after the interview on the 6th.
As Yvette said we were 74 in the beggining at the end we were 8... It was quite a cut off, dont know why.
I was one of the lucky ones that made it true, and 2 days ago i even got my Happy to inform you email.

And now what everybody wants to know. Yes, we were told there are no trainee courses till october, and since there is a waiting list already, we will probably fly to Abu Dhabi around December. We were told this by the recruiter's team in Prague. Three very nice ladys, that was kind enought to give us the info without even asking it.... so i guess..."good things comes to those who wait" :))))

Efi, Yvette, i am so sorry things turned out like this for you. Hope the next one will be successful and that i will see you in Abu Dhabi :))) I took the job on a cruise and i will around the Medditeranian sea all summer long, if you have a way there, drop me a line.

Happy Easter to everybody!!!

Jeremys_mleu
14th Apr 2009, 16:54
Men - CONGRAT-ULATIONS:D. The cut was huge as i could read from Yvette, and if you made it through, you must be supper smart:D - just like Yvette as far as i can read her politeness.

For the gentlemen of the interview! - how was their dress code like in that AD day. Do the guys have to carry some littl bag [case], suits and look like hunks? or what was the look of the guy who got in the top 8. I normally overdress so its better to know these things so that we do not exaggerate.

What about the customer service experience - was it a very big deal, like you have to be a hotel waiter for 2 years to get there?

If i can understand, there was just a single cut: yes? not two like othe ADs

keep us updated mate - mine [AD] is already on hand ... uh. I hope we shall be on the same plane to AUH -in case i won't fall in the cut hands :).

Congrats once again and checking out for your responses [Mr/sir/miss/mrs] Katka

Skywards
14th Apr 2009, 22:20
Jeremys_mleu
Etihad website explains each and every item in a clear way and everyday - so that when you have a bad day today, you will definatelly meet the info about your question on the following day. So just go to globalsite - career-cc. And there you are.:D

The information on the website is actually old. They no longer have duty pay per day, it is now a base pay plus a per hour flying pay. CC's at entry level earn AED3500 per month base and AED44 per hour flying pay. So it may be clear but its actually wrong!

NewCrewMember-hope this info is more helpful, and hope your day improves!

Jeremys_mleu
15th Apr 2009, 04:51
Thanks for the corrections- and hope everything is clarified.

I just thought that Working as a Flight Attendant [FA/cc] is more on one's interest- cos if the issue is money paid, the dream may or may not become true, since majority of the airlines FAs get arround 1500-3000Eur [from a littl research i had gone through].

But with free accommodatie and trans, that salary is ok.:)

Danks a lot Sky :ok:

Yvette8610
15th Apr 2009, 08:07
Thank you for your kind words.:) I think that relevant customer service experience has played a big role..

Wish you the best of luck!:ok:

Btw, Katka is indeed a very smart lady who deserves to be accepted.

Yvette8610
15th Apr 2009, 08:14
Hey, thank you!:)..I was a bit down in the dumps after being eliminated but I realized that I would not give it up so easily..

Mediterranean Sea sounds much better than Alaska.;) Great!!:cool:

Have a nice Easter time!

Jeremys_mleu
15th Apr 2009, 08:25
Thanks yvette.

Lets see what will happen cos my travelling and everything have already been so expensive, enough to get this job- I am quite experienced in dealing with people but never worked ina hotel - my smile anyways work. I hope the judges will be promised and let me in. I will keep you informed - - uh this job seem much competitive than becoming the UN secretary general :) --- or Miss Universe -- who travel much and in business classes :)

Yvette8610
15th Apr 2009, 09:02
Yep, you are right.:) Are you going to attend the AD this month?

Jeremys_mleu
15th Apr 2009, 09:12
hahah On Sunday actually-- so it is so soon to hear new cut style:). hopefully there will be a little mercy:)

sent you an e mail:ok:

Yvette8610
15th Apr 2009, 10:19
Got it and replied:)

Katka Patka
15th Apr 2009, 13:16
Jeremys_mleu,
Ms. Katka Patka thank you so very much for the nice words. Yes indeed Yvette is a very nice lady and i am really sorry things happened that way.
My advice is not to over dress. Try to be a bit different. Maybe jacket with no tie, or a nice tie but no jacket. You have to look presentable, thats all. For my Emirates interview there was a guy with jeans thin tie and a jacket...he got true, cos no matter the jeans he did look smart and good.
Cusomer service seems to be one of the most important think for them. I dont think it matters where have you worked as long as you have been dealing for quite some times with customers, cos you know ...they can be so annoying sometimes.
The cut off's were two same as the other interviews, one after the english test, one after the activity game. Again, dont be too pushy, but dont be too quite, take initiative if you have to.
Good luck Jeremys_mleu, i will be waiting for some good new from you. I know you have read it enough times, but it is true, smile at all time, dont freak out or if you do, keep it for yourself :))) possitive attitude iss everything there, watch every step you take, cos they do it too. (in a nice way ok?)
Yvette, thanks a lot too :))) i can understand a bit probably how you felt afterwords, but yes, you cant give it up that easy. Try it again, i do believe you will succeed next time.

FlyBoy1983
15th Apr 2009, 17:47
2 new Assesment Days for June-2009 have been announced on Etihad website.

24th June in Istanbul...:ok:

Jeremys_mleu
15th Apr 2009, 18:24
Thnks very much.

I was actually planning to wear a jean, tie and coat - but since, before this interview i underwent the first assessment for the same airline [pre interview], the conservative war was underlined several time. So i will just look fine and such a presentable guy.

The rest of your advise - Taken....: I think if i pass through i will post something from my hotel that Sunday evening. If i dont pass, i will probably collapse, then get back here by the time i am up - it will probably be the afternoon. I mean the Breaking news :):)

Thanks once again:ok:

Yvette is great... and she still has time, definatelly she will make it

Air123
16th Apr 2009, 12:24
Has anyone heard anything about the AD for London, it disappeared and now its back... and after i heard that i had been shortlisted i have heard nothing since. I was wondering if any other people from the UK have received invites as yet?

Holdudvar
16th Apr 2009, 22:40
Hey!

Yvette, thank U for a priv message:):):):):) dont be worry about the interview, life is full of new episodes...
Congratulations Katka!

hey Jeremy, Im going to attend AD in Tallinn too, Im gonna find U:):):) there's not gonna be a lot of guys probably:)

Thank U all for advices, see U aboard:)

gacmaska
17th Apr 2009, 07:37
Hi everybody,

I have been reading many of the posts on this forum but I could not find out how long does the face to face interview last...
Also...Is there only ONE DAY needed for all the process to be completed (CVs,tests,group work,face to face interview)???

Cheers

Alex

Jeremys_mleu
18th Apr 2009, 15:07
hi gacmaska.....

I have seen your question. And i think the assessment day takes the whole day, two disqualifications and if one finds oneself standing at the end of the day - then you are choosen.

so yes - everything is done in a single day -----as far as my invitation letter is concerned.

But you know what......... by tommorrow night, i can be precise on how long time each session takes [thats only if i get that long:)].

So i ask for your prayers so that everything will be cool, then i will have the precise information for you

enjoy - and read this discussion.

gacmaska
18th Apr 2009, 17:06
Thank you veeeeeery much !!!!

Alex

danni14
18th Apr 2009, 17:34
Gacmaska,

yes everything is done on the assessment day and their are two elliminations throughout the day. There was around 80 people on my day and about 20 got to the interview. My actual face to face interview lasted about 20 mins and they will ask you customer service based questions and may ask you to explain an answer with an example from your past. Some people's interviews did last longer than mine.

After the interview stage at the end of the day, I waited 3 days until I got the "happy to inform" email.

Remember to just be yourself in the interview although I know its hard to not get nervous. However the etihad recruiters should put you at ease because they were really nice, friendly people.

Good Luck! :)

gacmaska
19th Apr 2009, 09:41
Thank you...You guys are really helpful !

Jeremys_mleu
19th Apr 2009, 13:24
HI

Just been dropped from the AD in Tallin and so all of my stomach is vrrrr sort of :). No tears of Joy anymore.

A total of 72 all together appeared where by 3 girls were kicked at the reach test and us 54 were kicked just after the english Test. It was a suprise since almost 11 flight attendants were there and few of them had been left. Less thank 4. So was that a prereqisite --- well may be not, but a random selection:oh:.

How was the day?.

All the process was as many guys introduced in here. The ladies were very late and the interview started 1.5 hours later. On top of that, just one lady appeared and she had to handle the process [which for me, it looked impossible] sinse the other one had some passport loss problems. The other lady was to come at 1630, which is not early after 2 kicks.

The form and reach test started, and later we got to the ENGLISH TEST: - it was so suprising that after the English test, it took half an hour before we [69 guys!!] were called back for the first big smash..........oooh you know what!!! i was in it:ouch:. so 15 people were passed in the second round [and this is FOR SURE not through the English test pass - just personal selection]. can you read 69 essays and mark the papers in 30 minutes, or even an hour...mh May be AY specialits.

Now i dont know what will happen after they have been cut again since one more cut is to follow. Hopefully, at thi time, it has happened :) cos my batch was smashed an hour ago.

Sad gacmaska, i can not answer anymore your question...but Danni did.

Is this really how Etihad is doing its assessments? For me the day was unclear. If you test, people it will be nice to treat them from the test ... This AD had a lot of travellers from neighouring countries, but, that was ok. I really do not know whether it is beauty or lucky, but well - i got my experience out of it. No idea which airline to aply again but lets see:ugh:.

The lady was realy nice - Philipines, but i am sure that assessing 72 people alone should not be simple as that. I feel like i will get a call later cos i am really sure that i did very well:)

Just to give you an highlight. Good luck and thanks all who offered us a great go ahead.

chiz:D

EA_cabincrew
19th Apr 2009, 14:53
Jeremy

in fact there were 87 people, i got the number 76 (got cut after the perfectly written english test :ouch:) - it really was VERY unclear for me their selection parametres as in my mind all the people that passed the first stage were very far away from being top models or experienced cabin crew :sad: Probably there are no parametres at all and at the first stage it is a pure lottery. Sadly.
I am not even disappointed, I did my best, I know who I am and if the recruiter was a bit interested in choosing really professional people I'd be in.

KEFREN82
19th Apr 2009, 15:31
I am sorry to hear that guys. As you said, probably they had some problems as just one recruiter was present from the very first step of the selection process.

My assessment day was very clear and well done, they were everybody on time, maybe something happens with they flights so that they couldn't come before.

I am very sad for you, maybe not every assessment day can go as well as it should. But don't say that in EY they can't understand who is good for this position and who is not. It's not fair and it's not respectful for us who have passed the assessments.

Etihad has a good selection process, with invitation and not open days as Emirates, with almost 300 people waiting to give them their cvs. If you are invited it means that you are potentially suitable to become a EY flight attendant, if not, you are not invited.

If problems occured, well, they are not perfect, we are all human beings, so we can make mistakes.

I was not selected for Qatar Airways in Madrid (3 days selection process) and almost 200 people. I was a bit upset and sad, I spent almost 400 euros totally, to be rejected, but I never said that everything was done as a lottery, maybe it was just not my time, or maybe I did something wrong.

Now my chance is Etihad, and I am eager to start, please, don't be angry, just try again or try another airline, maybe your chance is in another company.

Jeremys_mleu
19th Apr 2009, 15:47
Hello.

No angry at all and i am really delighted for the ones who have been chosen. The thing is, sometimes quick decisions can be seen. One assessor for 87 people is a disaster.

Definatelly, the ones who are chosen are the potentials, and dont u worry about that. We were just trying to highlight what happened in the AD here in Tallin and bring awareness to the rest of the new guys - just like all others did for us.

SO the lady was very good once again, but surelly she was tired. the english test was to be assessed precisely. i think, since we had written that

I believe we shall all return in six months time whenever nothing has come up - but for this time - no one can deny, it was a random selection and not really otherwise.

EA cabincrew
Sad .

I dont know why we had to write the English Test if no one is gonna assess that. it really turned me off, since there were really goód people who travel all arround for this but sad- very sad.

I just tried to finish my knones here by big dinner in my hotel, and wait for my tommorrow's departure.

cheers

Skywards
19th Apr 2009, 22:51
I hate to be the mean sounding one and I understand you are upset, but to say that Etihad do a 'random' selection to choose their cabin crew is absurd. It sounds like there was a few problems at the assesment day i.e. one assesor, not running to time etc. but to assume that you weren't chosen because they did the assesment as a 'lotto' type draw is silly. They are looking for great cabin crew, and they would not just rely on 'luck of the draw' to get the people they want. The assesor may have had to alter her marking process due to time restraints, but I don't think she would have disregarded the marking of english tests altogether. To be honest there are a lot of people on here whose english isn't great, and that may have come accross in the test. English is my native tounge, and I guarantee that my english test was not perfect. The test is tricky, in that you can make some very easy mistakes in it-particuarly if english isn't your first language. So keep an open mind, perhaps you didn't do as well in the test as you think you did?

Good on you for trying, and don't give up. It must be dissapointing for you, but don't let that dissapointment turn to bitterness. The assesors travel the world recruiting staff, and you can't assume they don't know what they are doing because you weren't chosen. Good luck at the next assesment!:ok:

Jeremys_mleu
20th Apr 2009, 05:44
Hi guys.

Thanks for the highlights and very sorry for the "silly" expressions such as random and lottery -

I had to use random cos the lady said that, 'she quickly went through "some" of our CVs and made her decision'. But ofcourse she did mention that many were good. So that was my reason, for random word:). And this should apply only for our AD, since that's the only that i have been - so no generalisation.

Yes, our English here is not good - even for the chosen ones... and many who were left yesterday.. But if they deserve from EY eyes, thats a fact and all have to agree with it.:ok:

And surelly Etihad couldn't send people arround, if they don't know what they are looking for. Nevertheless, our AD program itself declared the essence of uncertainty, for there was a plan to have this assessment on Sunday and Monday, so that when the other lady had come, "there could be a second hand to help getting more people:" the lady mentioned. But at the end there was not any second day references - may be someone will be called today.

Definatelly i will get back there if there is an opening in 6 month time, and ofcourse if i have got nothing to do.

And again - Do not take this as a complain from me. I liked Etihad Lady and the company overall: thats why i went there. BUT since our scene looked different from others, i thought it could be useful to present it here, so that, there will be no suprises for the other guys who are waiting for their ADs.

Thanks once again and Congrats all who made through.

Cheers:ok:

Sheenab1983
20th Apr 2009, 08:59
I got an invite to Dublin Assessment day this morning :D

I am very excited and will attend, however im trying to remain realistic. Should I be lucky enough to be selected, it is quite possible that I may not commence training untill this time next year!

NewCrewMember
20th Apr 2009, 10:09
They are telling recent AD candidates that training will probably be in december as there is a holding pool at the moment, so it will be sooner than you think. Also come the last quarter of the year, there will be people in the 'pool' who will no longer be in a position to join Etihad for whatever reason and so this will free up more training positions at earlier dates.
Good luck in Dublin and read this thread thoroughly as all the info is here and it's best to be too prepared lol!:ok:

fingers xd
20th Apr 2009, 10:53
I agree I think there will be allot of people that cannot wait until the end of the year to start with Etihad. Lets hope some drop out and we all get brought forward haha. Joking a side there is not much choice out there so most people will endure the wait! :ugh:

I had my assessment day in March and I was told training would start again in Sep so we would probably be taken in Oct. am I correct in thnking people are now being told no training will start until Oct? So I should be looking at Nov?

I'm just too excited!! I want to start now!

Good luck at the Dublin assessment

ashleebrownell
20th Apr 2009, 17:26
hi im just writing to get your opinion on working for ethiad. i recently went to qatar open day and i got through to the final stages im just waiting for a reply. after reading about qatar the way they treat there staff etc is it better in ethiad. also qatar sounds like a boot camp where you can get fired for anythin are they as strict in ethiad.
thanks ashlee xx